Lots of False Positives

I would love to follow your directions, but it’d be a bit of a pain.

I realized something was wrong when Comodo Antivirus detected 73 viruses, when I had just scanned last night. I stopped the scan because of the abnormally high number. This computer has never had that many show up in a single scan. A critical areas scan at that!

Again, with 73 detections, I don’t think it’s feasible to list each and every one.

Unless I just got a horde of infections in 7-zip and at least one in a GIMP file then I believe COMODO’s latest database is detecting a whole s**tload of false positives

http://7-zip.org I have the beta version.
I’m not sure where the file from GIMP comes from.

Inside the zip file are the 72 detections from 7-zip files, the 1 detection from GIMP files, and a copy of the antivirus log exported from COMODO Internet Security Premium.

The zip file was packed with Normal compression, no password, with my copy of 7-zip.

[attachment deleted by admin]

My AV Database is 5065.

Please ignore these FPs, an update is coming shortly.
V5065 was up for few minutes and then we rolled back to V5059

Thanks
-umesh

You can update to version 5069 or later and and these 7-zip FPs should have been resolved.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi typerextreme,

We are going to have a look at it and will get back to you after investigation.

Thanks
Leno

I updated the database, got the latest version as of 10:30pm Central Time. So far the critical areas scan hasn’t detected anything. It’s gotten farther than it had when I stopped it earlier. So far so good.