lost

In the CPF going ->Security->Tasks->Network rule

How do I get there now ?

The only way I can find is in Network Monitor (right click on existing rule) and go from there.

Hi, I think you mean add\remove modify a zone in tasks?

Paul

Thanks for your reply.

I’m trying to follow this tutorial for setting up my network, problem is that it was written for the older version of CPF : http://www.embsolutions.com.au/cpf_rule/

As the tutorial says “Click on Network Rule to create the Rule”.
I do not end up with the same view by taking “add\remove modify a zone in tasks”

The only way I can find is as I stated earlier:
Network Monitor (right click on existing rule) and go from there.

Modify a Zone gives me a Modify Zone box, I need a Network Control Rule box.

help :frowning:

Hi, do you have a different link? This one isn’t working for me. Also, I have to ask, do you want to set up a home network? If so , go to tasks , define a new trusted network . Or as I stated above. However , I lack understanding as to what you are trying to accomplish here. If you could specify , as what you are trying to accomplish. Setting up a network, specific rules, etc…this will help to know what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Paul

Thats the only link I’ve got. Its an article by Ewen (panic). The thing works for me, perhaps Ewen doesnt want you checking him out ( Ozzies are like that ).

Yes I’m setting up a home network.

If so , go to tasks , define a new trusted network .
Done that.
Setting up a network, specific rules, etc
Your catching on now.
I want to set up specific rules. As I stated earlier, I need to get to a Network Control Rule box.

I was just starting to get used to the CPF. I’m sure it was easier to understand than this.

Thanks for your help.