Loss of internet at boot & suspension whn "Protect ARP cache" enabled [Resolved]

If I enable “Protect the ARP Cache” and “Do Protocol Analysis” my laptop loses its wireless internet connection in about 2-3 minutes. If I disable Arp protection and riconnect works fine… why does it happen?
In the “Advanced” tab there are 6 options, which should I enable?

*My pc configuration:
-Comodo firewall 4.1.150349.920 X64
-Windows 7 Home Premium x64
-Avira Antivir free 9
-Using Administrator account with UAC enabled
-Router Netgear DG834Gv5 (DHCP disabled)

*My Comodo Firewall configuration:
-Firewall Behavior Settings: Custom Policy Mode, Advanced tab described in topic
-Defense+ Settings: Safe Mode, Monitor settings all enabled
-Sanbox enabled

Regards

Edit by EricJH: recap of the problem with steps to reproduce and how to solve.

Do the firewall logs give a clue here? Please post a screenshot of them. They are under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events.

So, now I’ve selected only “Protect the ARP Cache” , “Block Gratuitous ARP frames”, “Do Protocol Analysis” (other options disabled) and the behaviour has changed:
the internet connection stops only at the pc boot and after a pc suspension resume. To make it work I disable the arp checks, reconnect to internet and re-enable arp protections, internet works fine.
So I only need to know why it stops during boot or suspension…

nope, my firewall log doesn’t report anything about it…

It looks like you may have found a bug.

Does the problem also arise when you only enable ARP cache protection? Does it also happen when you also enable “block gratuitous ARP Frames”.

Trying what you said, the problem persists.

For the situation as describe in your topic start. What happens when you disable the protection of Antivir? The same thing happens?

Yes, it happens the same thing.
Anyway I see now the first situation doesn’t happen anymore (don’t know why), it only happens the second situation I described:

I tried a test enabling only “Protect the ARP Cache”, and the problem described persists.
So the issue here is not a combination but only that option.

We have narrowed down the problem to the loose of internet connection at boot or when returning from suspension with “Do protocol analysis” enabled.

Re-enabling the network connection fixes it.

Unless the D+ logs give it us another clue I would say we are ready to post this as a bug report.

My D+ logs don’t report anything too.

I will move this topic to the bug board.

Please present the bug as described in IMPORTANT: HOW TO SUBMIT BUGS (read this if you want them fixed).

Ok, first post updated.

Added some to make the report complete in the first post.

Bug still present in CIS v. 5.0.163652.1142

Old bug, so not in standard format.

Best wishes

Mouse

Should I update this thread with the new format or open a new one?

Thanks. It will be helpful - and will probably increase the chances of fixing it - if you would append a bug report in standard format, but we don’t insist on this for old bugs.

I opened an updated thread:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/no-internet-if-protect-arp-cache-enabled-during-connectionv501636521142-t63283.0.html