Looking for two programs for Windows: Installer monitor and a Differ.

I use Windows Vista x64 so the programs I am looking for need to be compatible with it. I would also like these programs to be free. :slight_smile:

The first program I need is one that will list all registry, file additions, deletions, and modifications when running the program: for example, running an installer and having it log all registry keys, temp files used, the files it deletes, the files it installs … everything it does to the system. It needs to be intelligent enough to also record all changes of executables it calls and not record changes made by other things running, like say my anti-virus updating at the moment the install is taking place, or something like that. I am thinking of something like this: Broadcom Inc. | Connecting Everything Would I be able to see the registry and all changes made? Though, something that logs things would be very nice. :slight_smile: Hmmm. Those with uninstall issues could use this. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know there are tons of differs out there, but I need an easy to use one that can scan two directories and report all the files that are different. I don’t need to see a list of the changes, just the name of the files. A GUI one would be nice.

Cheers.