Looking for a CFP rule for Age of Empire II

Hi,All:
Is there a rule for Age of Empire II which can’t run on my computer system after installed CFP ? Could you please share with me ?

Thx
wooyard

Hi wooyard

Perhaps this URL for PortForward’s Comodo set-up for AoE II will help.

Hi, kail:
Thank you for your help. More information about my problem:
While opening up the Age of Empires II program, my display screen was Black and nothing more. After I rebooted the system, can’t find anything in the log file about that. It seems that Age of Empires II was conflict with CFP. It happened both on my Windows 2000 Sp4 and Windows XP Sp2 system.
So what’s next?

Thx
wooyard

Ah… it sometimes happens with games. They try to connect to the internet while loading and if anything blocks the access they just stop.

Sometimes you can’t even switch focus with alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del or even the windows-key.

In those cases you have to manualy search for the exe file in CFP and set the rules.

Hi wooyard

As LuckyS indicates, games can be tricky in this regard. The only thing that I can suggest is that you create the rules as specified by PortForward for AoE II. If necessary you can always set any Network Monitor rules you have to Log, to ensure that are being fired/triggered. On that point, use CFPs Log (Activity tab) as a diagnostic for what rules you need. I suspect you lost the previous Log entries because of the way the system was restarted. Also as LuckyS suggests, always try to get the focus back to the desktop with a Start Button, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc. This way you’ll probably be able to save the Log entries & maybe even answer a CFP pop-up. When you make firewall related changes, its always best to restart the game as well. Games are much better these days at coping with the loss of focus & can often be rejoined just by selecting the taskbar button.

LuckyS :
I tried to swith focus with alt+tab and found Comodo Alert of Blocking AOE2. After CLICK"Allow",
AOE2 could be started on my Windows2000 system.
Thank you for your suggestion.

wooyard