Long boot times <> Firewall?

I have a low spec PC running Windows XP with adequate space on my hard disc, protected by Comodo Personal Firewall. I am constantly afflicted with extended boot times in spite of doing what I can to investigate and disable unwanted start-up applications. I can get some idea (not a complete answer) of what is going on from running sysinterns “Process Explorer” which often flags up Comodo as one of the active processes. I am wondering if Comodo Firewall might be at least partly responsible for the startup delays. Is this the price you have to pay for decent firewall protection?

You can try Soluto to see how much time cmdagent.exe and cfp.exe take upon boot. Soluto is still in beta but it does a nice job from what I have seen using it for almost a week.

Tks but Soluto was one of the wheezes which I installed previously in attempt to solve the problem. Frustratingly when I watch in Pricess Explorer what is apparently taking up my processor time/resources (as far as I can follow it) Soluto appears to be one of the culprits!

What are the specs of your computer when you say low spec PC?

PC spec as per Speccy attached …

[why can’t I preview this like other posts? Preview button doesn’t work]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do you have Scan memory on start enabled in the AV? Disabling will help here.

Do you have Block all unknown requests if the application is closed enabled. Disable it as it can create problems on boot sometimes.

Try adding the pagefile to the AV exclusions.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.