Long boot times after removing CSC

After removing CSC the boot time of my Vista system more than doubled. I can simulate the same behavior disabling csdf.sys and crpf.sys using autoruns.exe from Sysinternals.
Seems that the problem is related with vista prefetch.
How uninstall it without this stupid problem?
Using Vista home premium 32 and CSC 1.1.64946.38
The reason I was trying to uninstall CSC was to upgrade to newer version.

System Restore :-TU

System restore is the obvious solution that I have used to go back!
This doesn’t solve the problem, because I still have a program that can’t be uninstalled!

Installing CSC again and then uninstalling may do the trick. When there is problem with the prefetcher you can delete the contents of the prefetch folder or the files that point to CSC.

It worked for me yesterday. (Windows XP)

As I told on the first post, the boot times are long after uninstalling CSC.
The problem is not the uninstall itself.
The software can be uninstalled, but this action makes the boot time very long, thus forcing me to keep the same version installed.
The problem is related to csdf.sys and crps.sys .
Removing entries from prefetch folder doesn’t makes any difference.

Please try the following procedure and use it to look for the Comodo System Cleaner related drivers:

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> do this for all drivers → reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are noauto starts from your previous security programs download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.
The only Comodo related drivers found in > device manager> Non-plug and play drivers are:
Comodo Internet security firewall driver, AND
Comodo Internet security helper driver.
I think that those drivers are part of the Comodo firewall, wich I use, and that, in my opinion, should not be blocked with autoruns.
For your information, Event Viewer informs BootTime of 69314 microseconds with CSC and 155729 ms without CSC.
If it helps, I can attach two jpg captures taken from event viewer…> boot performance with more information.

Can you check with Windows Event Viewer if it reports it is waiting for a service or program to respond? Event Viewer can be found under Control Panel → Administrative tools.

No issues regarding delays of programs or services on Event Viewer.
The only thing that is very different is related to prefetch.
With CSS:
BootTsVersion 2
BootStartTime 2009-08-31Tll:25:54.656Z
BootEndTime 2009-08-31Tll:23:22.485Z
System Boot lnstance 338
UserBootlnstance 336
BootTime 74789
Main Path BootTime 44789
BootKernellnitTime 18
BootDriverlnitTime 6013
BootDevicesInitTime 19695
BootPrefetchlnitTime 14919
BootPrefetch Bytes 278474752
BootAutoChkTime 0
BootSmssInitTime 4406
BootCriticalServicesInitTime 1041
BootUserProfileProcessingTimel239
BootMachineProfileProcessingTimel029
BootExplorerlnitTime 8337
BootNumStartupApps 11
BootPostBootTime 30000

After uninstalling CSC:
BootTsVersion 2
BootStartTime 2009-08-31T12;34:30.640Z
BootEndTime 2009-08-31T12:38:22.939Z
System Bootlnstance 389
UserBootlnstance 387
BootTime 159243
Main Path BootTime 103043
BootKernellnitTime 18
BootOriwerlnitTime 3361
BootDevicesInitTime 19248
BootPrefetchlnitTime 1
BootPrefetch Bytes 8192
BootAutoChkTime 0
BootSmssInitTime 7420
BootCriticalServicesInitTime7857
BootUserProfileProcessingTime 2681
BootMachineProfileProcessingTime3566
BootExplorertnitTime 52449
BootNumStartupApps 11
BootPostBootTime 56200

Hi all,

I have seen the same problem with CSC 2.0 (w/ or w/o updates, portable version, and also after uninstall). It happened on a few computers on XP SP3 (Home and Pro). I have seen two problems though; Long boot times and services.exe eats up memory like there’s no tomorrow(w/c is the cause of the long boot times, I think).

My solution:

1. Delete C:\windows\system32\drivers\cfrpd.sys

How-To:

1. You can wait for Windows to load and delete it or you can go into safe mode(haven’t tried the safe mode approach but it should work).

Good luck!

Unfortunately, the long boot time issue doesn’t reproduce on our systems although we tested CSC in many different types of scenarios.
In order to help you and figure out where is the source of the problem please provide us with the following:

• security software installed
  • all log files of CSC (you can find them in the installation folder of CSC, in Program Files\Comodo\System Cleaner\ CRC.log, CDC.log, CPC.log and CSC.log)
  • if you want and if you have the possibility, please take a screenshot in the Add\Remove Programs in Control Panel and post it here
  • any other information that you think might be useful for us to reproduce this issue.

One more thing, does cfrpd.sys remain in C:\windows\system32\drivers after uninstalling CSC?

Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your reply.
-Security software: Comodo Firewall, Avira Antivir, Windows Defender
-Log Files: there are not logfiles
-There is not cfrpd.sys in my system, with or without CSC. The Comodo drivers are csdf.sys and crpf.sys, wich are not deleted by the uninstaller. Deleting them makes no difference.
-Using "check for updates"gives always the same result: “Connection problem, could not connect to update server to check for a new version! Please try again later”.
-Diagnostics always says that files :cam.exe , css.exe, crc.exe, cpc.exe, cfcrc.exe, cdc.exe are altered, even after performing a repair or reinstalling.The others are healthy.
I will keep my system with CSC installed until a solution, or definitively uninstalling it when updating to Windows 7.