Logs showing blocked activity from the network?

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, but in the ZoneAlarm logs I could see all “attacks” from the network, port scans etc. but in the Comodo PF logs I see no such activities, though I guess they still happen.

Is this not available or is it configurable in some way?

Thanks

Hi,

Open CPF, click the ‘security’ tab, go to ‘network monitor’, click the ‘block’ rule, then right click it, tick the box ‘create an alert if this rule is fired’. click OK.

The new beta has this checked by default and so will future versions.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Either Mike misuderstood your question or I did. Either way, sorry for butting in Mike.

Open CPF, click the Activity tab, then the Logs tab. Anything that’s happend (scans, attacks, blocks, etc…) you’ll find in there.

If there were a port scan, CPF would create a log. For other blocked activity, please follow the directions Mike wrote.

Egemen

Mike,

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was after. I believe it’s good that it’s turned on by default in future releases, it was not that obvious how to do it. :wink:

Ok, glad you found it. Welcome to Comodo.

Mike

Hi Kail,

turestgg said they had not seen anything in the Comodo logs, which is why I went along the lines I did. No worries about butting in though.

Mike

And a thankyou to both respondants from me. I was trying to access my own server out the router and back in again, and could not find the right IP to allow coming in.

Turning on the alerts and checking the log quickly showed me which ip to allow.

Thanks
PD

turestgg said they had not seen anything in the Comodo logs, which is why I went along the lines I did. No worries about butting in though.

And you were quite right, I completely miss read that. I was just too keen to try and help. Personally, I blame CPF. It’s the guilt you see, I just can’t believe that I found something like CPF for FREE. And as a bonus the attitude of Comodo is refreshing & open… and I feel guilty because I’m not paying for anything. See? It wasn’t my fault at all! :wink:

Hi PD,

Glad we were able to help you as well. Welcome to Comodo.

Mike

Hi Kail,

It’s easy to do, and if you think about it participating here on the forums does help Comodo by reducing the burden put on the support guys. That’s one thing to be less guilty about. :wink:

Mike

Support and development. We all learn a lot from you guys too, and very much appreciate it. And the end result is that we get to build a better product. :slight_smile:

Ok, sorry Paulo - missed the bit about helping the developers as well.

Mike

(B)