Log shows entries through the previous day, not the selected one [v6] [M224]

Win 8x64 Pro, CIS 6.0.260739.2674 (free).

Under General Tasks > View Logs > Show Tasks, when I bring up the calendar at the bottom to select a viewing period, the results run up until the day before the date I’ve selected. The two attached screenshots show the problem.

If further info is needed, please ask, but it looks to me like the information provided should suffice to recreate the problem and that a full bug report would be overkill.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your issue report.

We would very much appreciate it if you would be kind enough to edit your report to put it in the standard format as this will make it much easier for the developers to diagnose and fix the problem.

The reasons we need all the information in the format, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

If you are able to do this we will forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get looked at by developers. You can find assistance using red links in the format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a day or two we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report in standard format or not. However we may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

1. What actually happened or U actually saw:
    Looking at log (Tasks). Select end date from calendar but results show up to previous day

2. If not obvious, what U expected to happen or see:
    log results through date selected

3. Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    everytime

4. If you can, precise steps to reproduce it. If not say what you did before it happened:
    Under General Tasks > View Logs > Show Tasks, click on arrow at bottom and select a date period from calendar

5. If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    n/a

6. Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so give name, exact version, & download link:
    no

7. Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    no

8. Always attach: Diagnostics file, Killswitch processes, dump (if freeze/crash). If complex: CIS logs & config, screenshots, video.

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same from issue to issue, users can copy forward)

1. CIS version & configuration:
    CIS 6.0.260739.2674 (free), Proactive Security

2. Modules enabled & level. Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    Everything that comes with Free

3. Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:
    no

4. Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    no

5. Have U made any other major changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    no

6. OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & virtual machine used:
    Win 8x64 Pro, Never notify, “Local Account/Administrator,” None

7. Other security & sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since last OS install:
    a) SAS Pro

Thank you very much for your bug report in standard format. We very much appreciate the effort you have made to document this bug.

We are sorry to trouble you further but there are some items of information missing or unclear in your post:

B 1. CIS version & configuration:
B 6. OS version, Service Pack, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & virtual machine used:
Win 8x64 Pro
B 7. Other security & sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since last OS install:
SAS Pro (is this currently installed?)

The reasons we need these items of information, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

We would be very grateful if you would add these items of information so we can forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get fixed. You can find assistance using red links in the Format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a week we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which includes all necessary information or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

I’ve filled in the information. Only thing missing is “virtual machine used” and I don’t know what that means.

Thanks much appreciated, If you don’t know you are not using one :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Just wanted to check if this was fixed for you in 2801.

Best wishes

Mose

No.

Sorry fix list seemed to say it was.

Updated on tracker

Hi genegold.

Could you check if your system clock is correct (am/pm as well as 12 hr time) as neither I nor Captainsticks can reproduce this.

I’m on win7 Ultimate x64

Best wishes

Mouse

Yep, it’s correct (checked Windows and system). I’m using Win 8x64, if that matters.

It seems it may be a win8 or win8 x64 issue then, can anyone else replicate?

I forgot about the upper end dropping off a day:

I don’t see a way to edit, so I’ll add the following screenshot to avoid confusion. The one just posted shows no taks for the end date on the calendar, but does show one being completed on that date. This following one avoids that possible confusion.

Thanks genegold, much appreciated

This is why you cannot edit:
https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/why-cant-i-edit-my-bug-report-now-its-in-verified-t65873.0.html

Just a stab in the dark thought.
I realise the following daylight saving issue is for a different OS and application, but I thought maybe it (or similar) is still an issue on Win 8 with certain applications in particular time zones.

The date displays incorrectly in the Windows Calendar Sidebar gadget on a Windows Vista-based computer
How to change your time zone in Windows 8

Not really.

Sorry that was no help. :slight_smile: