log problems

Hi all,
when i go to access logs from more than a few days ago, they don’t exist… Comodo was installed and activated on the 16th dec, yet I cannot access any logs older than the 19th… I have maximun log size set to 100mb, and at present the log is at 1.52mb, so it can’t be that…
I am using the current stable 2.3.6.81. Has anyone else had this happen?
On another note, I have also noticed that occasionally apps that I have closed are still maintaining internet connections? I find this somewhat puzzling
Thanks for your help/ideas :slight_smile:

Hi qwerty welcome to the forums.

There is a known problem with CFP on some systems where the log file contents are lost when the system is rebooted/shutdown with CFP active. The work-around is to manually close CFP prior to any system reboot/shutdown, this will save the log file.

I have the same problem, I tried the workaround and it worked (Windows 2000 5.00.2195).

I have also noticed that occasionally apps that I have closed are still maintaining internet connections?
I remember that a forum moderator said that it's a known issue which will be addressed in future versions; if I'm not wrong that comment meant that it's just an issue with the warning message, it's not that the closed app is actually still active.

hi, and Merry Xmas+ NY to all :slight_smile:
Ive just had another look at logs, and there aren’t any older than 25 minutes?
I exited CPF about that long ago (right click on icon> exit), then restarted it, but did not restart pc. It is generating a lot of alerts at the moment, as I’m trying to sort out an azureus problem (allow and log), but that shouldn’t have anything to do with this?
[ at ] soyabeaner, yeah, azureus tends to ‘linger’ a bit, and also thunderbird is the main culprit that I’ve noticed…
edit - I just had another look about 1/2 hour later, and now they only go back 14 minutes! I haven’t restarted CPF, the computer, or anything else javascript:void(0);
Huh
I don’t think this can be the same bug that kail referred to earlier in the thread…