Lock position of Widget to prevent it from being accidentally moved [M1032]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
Comodo Internet Security 7.0.312140.4101 RC

2. What actually happened or you saw
Currently the whole area of the widget allows it to be moved so for example if you click a button and then drag then the whole widget will move. This makes it easy to accidentally move it.

For example: The area marked in red shows what parts of the widget that you can click and drag to move the widget:

3. What you wanted to happen or see
Allow us to lock the widget by right-clicking the widget and choosing “Lock position of Widget” (It could be below “Always on top”)

4. Why you think it is desirable
I am a user with twitchy hands, sometimes when I click my hand will twitch to the side, so sometimes when I click buttons on the widget I will accidentally move the whole widget and then I have to re-position it again which is a pain. At the moment I’m almost scared of using the widget, when ever I need to click something I keep thinking “Be still… be stiiilll” I mean, I shouldn’t fear clicking a button as much as accidentally cutting the wrong wire of a bomb.

So essentially it would help users like me with generally shaky or twitchy hands and it would also generally help top prevent accidentally moving the widget.

5. Any other information
Please! :cry:

Please let me know which version of CIS you are currently using. I just changed the format slightly as I realized that was missing, and want to make sure each post if complete before moving.

Thanks.

Thank you for adding the version number. However, in this wish you provide two possible options. Under the new system only one proposed change can be provided per topic. Therefore, I think it would be best if this wish was altered such that it only suggested that there be an option to lock the screen position of the widget. In my opinion that is the more powerful option.

However, before editing this so that it is entirely about locking the screen position for the widget, I wanted to make sure that would be okay with you. Is it okay if I move this just as a wish to lock the screen position of the widget?

Thank you.

:-\ Thing is that when give only one way to deal with the wish then the developers might say no, but if you give multiple different solutions then they might find one they can/want to do… But if the format doesn’t allow for that then sure, I mean, what’s the other choice, not having it accepted at all? So yeah my choice there is obvious.

Okay, I will edit this only for proposing that the position can be locked. As for the devs rejecting wishes, that is absolutely possible. In fact, of the wishes which are forwarded some will certainly be rejected for one reason or the other. There is no getting around that. However, what this system has that the other did not is that in this case we can at least ensure that the devs look at the wishes which make it into the tracker.

This consideration is not something which necessarily happened when these were just unformatted topics sitting in a huge board. The devs did not pay much attention, and thus many were not even considered which I think absolutely should have been. Thus, under the new system at least we can bring the devs attention to enhancements which are of importance to the forum. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

This is a nice idea. :-TU

However, I never got why you could move the widget outside the desktop in the first place- that’s pretty dumb.

I have as a work around created an AutoHotKey script that checks the position of the widget and if the position has changed then it moves the widget back to that position.

The AHK script is below but please note that the numbers shown in red bold should be edited to your own setup, the numbers represent the position of the upper-left corner of the CIS widget and in the case shown below it would move the widget to the upper left corner of my SECONDARY monitor, so if you don’t have a secondary monitor it might move it out of the space you have so you can’t move it back manually, also please notice that the numbers should always be the same as shown below, otherwise if you look for X not being 1920 and then set X2 to be 1921 then it will keep trying to move the window instead of just checking it. Also do not remove the “Sleep, 1000” this stops the script from leeching ~20% of your CPU :wink:
Oh also, pretty important, since the widget name and other windows of CIS has very similar names, i.e the only difference is some spaces at the end I think, this script MIGHT move other CIS related windows… but that’s rare and has only happened once for me. ^-^‘’

Script Start (Don’t include this line in script)
Loop {
WinGetPos, X, Y, W, H, COMODO Internet Security Premium
IF (X != 1920) or (Y != 0)
{
X2 = 1920
Y2 = 0
WinMove, COMODO Internet Security Premium, , %X2%, %Y2%, %W%, %H%
}
Sleep, 1000
}
Script End (Don’t include this line in script)

Oh and those who would like a transparent widget can use the below script, the number which is a bold red represents the transparency (0-255)

Script Start (Don’t include this line in script)
WinSet, Transparent, 200, COMODO Internet Security Premium
Script End (Don’t include this line in script)

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

+1 :-TU
This wish should have been implemented long time ago. Every widget have a lock function. Why Comodo didn’t add this small, but useful function, from the beginning? :-\