Local traffic only possible?

Hi
Is it possible to configure the firewall to allow local network traffic only, ie: forbid any internet access at all and only permit traffic to and from computers on my personal network?

Many thanks in advance

It’s certainly possible. If all you want is to allow only LAN traffic, create a pair of Application rules for the ‘All Applications’ predefined group. The first rule would be:

Action - Allow
Protocol - IP
Direction - IN
Source Address - Your LAN network Zone (eg, 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0)
Destination Address - Any
IP Details - ANY

Action - Allow
Protocol - IP
Direction - OUT
Source Address - ANY
Destination Address - Your LAN network Zone (eg, 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0)
IP Details - ANY

Then create a rule that blocks any other traffic.

Not pretty but it would work. You could also do it a slightly different way, by adding those three rules to every application/process.

You might also consider adding a final block rule at the bottom of the list.

Thank you for your reply.
Would I also need to reset what is already present, ie: delete current rules, as well as adding the above?

To ensure just LAN traffic, you would need to remove all the defaults.

Ok, and just to be sure (sorry for all the questions), I need to remove the defaults from just the ‘Network Security Policy / Application Rules’ window?

Finally, what would the difference in rules be between the two above suggestions?

Many thanks once again

Inbound traffic has to pass through Global then Application, visa versa for outbound traffic. For you needs, using Application rules is enough.

Finally, what would the difference in rules be between the two above suggestions?

Many thanks once again

You only need that latter to ensure no unauthorised application/process pops up alerts.

Great, many thanks for all your help.