Local Antivirus

Instead of using any antivirus, is it better to use local antivirus i.e antivirus provider of ones country? Is it little more beneficial or better using local av?

Thanxx
Naren

Shouldn’t make that much diffrence AFAIK, most vendors tries to collect samples from across the globe. Ofc there is some diffrence depending on userbase and probably a bunch of other factors.

What AV(s) are being localy produced where you live? And was it more than detection that got you thinking, (eg access to support in local language?).

Hi Naren, the thread I will list below is a bit old but I thought the comments in it maybe of some assistance.
Kind regards. https://forums.comodo.com/other-security-products/antivirus-programs-in-different-countries-t63479.0.html

I think that it’s indifferent.

Where do you live? Comodo as well as Avast are quite out spread so you get good protection.

Regards,
Valentin N

I live in India. So what you suggest? Which is the Best Security Suite/AV security provider in India according to you?

Thanxx
Naren

I do not think there is anything like a best local security.

Please understand that in today’s world, most of the infection is spread either through internet or by thumbdrives.

In the first case, there is nothing local about it, infection can be from any part of the world.

In the second case, there is certain sense of local infection, still it is true only if the virus originates from a local agency/person, which is very rare; particularly in a country like India (I am also an Indian). Thumbdrives only spread infection.

So, my point is there is no special local security for special local infection.

We always better prevent infection with Strong AV + HIPS + Secure DNS and better surfing habits.

When it comes to cure/cleaning, Comodo Cleaning Essentials can provide today’s best cleaning with DACS, you may also use HitmanPro and Malwarebytes. Dr.Web offers better curing of infection compared to others who just delete the infected executables instead of cleaning (Sorry to say that Comodo also does the same in most cases).

Finally to answer your question straight, my choice is CIS for protection, CCE for cleaning.

As I said before :slight_smile: Avast as AV if CIS as complete suit is not option.

Siva’s post —> :-TU

Regards,
Valentin N

Thanxx for all the info frds. Trying CIS Full Suite now.

Thanxx
Naren