little bit confused 3.0.15.295

hi to everyone,

im just a little bit confused i just actually updated all my computers to the newest version firewall 3.0.15.295 and everything was going well , i opted to do the basic firewall thought just like my older version i was using but i noticed that when i did so i keep getting pending file after pending file and i tried to put them in my safe files and they would not go , so i just romeved them instead , and the setting i was using was inactive , clean pc mode , ,

when i did the update to the new version i did use the updater for all my setting would be the same

also just wanna say when i had the old version in 3.0.15.277 i had all the same setting along with defense being in inactive and clean pc mode and i never ever once seen any pending files , so im not sure what i should be doing ?

should i deactivate ? should i keep it on with differant setting for i dont see pending files ? is it a bug that needs to be kicked out ?

hope to here from all you guys and gals about my problems im having , thank you , mrgigabyte2002

Hi all, i have the same issue as mrgigabyte2002, although i find it very useful but also note that moving a “my Pending” file to “my quarantined” files just moves the entry in the lists and not the actual file involved is this correct or if i remove a file in “my pending” list only the list entry is removed and not the file itself is this right, as it is i find it a great tool for listing new exe files and so on. Thanks

little bit confused 3.0.15.295
im just a little bit confused i just actually updated all my computers to the newest version firewall 3.0.15.295 and everything was going well , i opted to do the basic firewall thought just like my older version i was using but i noticed that when i did so i keep getting pending file after pending file and i tried to put them in my safe files and they would not go , so i just romeved them instead , and the setting i was using was inactive , clean pc mode , ,

It is normal. The pending list is only for showing you what happened to files in your system. If you move something to “my safe files” the actual file wont be moved, just cfp would regard it as trusted. If you move something to the quarantine, cfp will deny access to the file. If you remove it, then it will remain untrusted, and you will receive alerts for it. This is what should happen with defense+ fully enabled. I haven’t tried the basic mode. For me it is almost completely silent in cleanpc mode. Good to hear you like the pending file list. A lot of people find it annoying. (usually they don’t know what the ‘purge’ button is for ;))

hi all

i would also like to add that if i move a file to trusted file i do not see it there,so then when i reboot this one file would be back in pending again , if i rebooted computer like i said before i use updater to update and not a clean installed and i have old version back in i will not see pending files at all. i am using basic firewall so thats why i am wondering why i am seeing pending files in the first place in the new version and not old version

Thanks very much Blas, all makes sense when i read your reply, like mrgigabyte2002 this feature only appeared when i updated from the previous version yesterday, but as i say very handy tool Thanks

It is normal. The pending list is only for showing you what happened to files in your system. If you move something to “my safe files” the actual file wont be moved, just cfp would regard it as trusted. If you move something to the quarantine, cfp will deny access to the file. If you remove it, then it will remain untrusted, and you will receive alerts for it. This is what should happen with defense+ fully enabled. I haven’t tried the basic mode. For me it is almost completely silent in cleanpc mode. Good to hear you like the pending file list. A lot of people find it annoying. (usually they don’t know what the ‘purge’ button is for