list of something i want in newer version of comodo

here’s some of the new things we want in the newer version of the COMODO… hope developers addresses following suggestion… :slight_smile:

1. automatic taking action against threat detected
  2. automatically prompt you to scan the content of all USB flash drives, CDs and DVDs
  3. improve scanning speed(most needed…its slower)
  4. decrease in initial update
  5. link scanner
  6. change in GUI(very poor in terms of other AV out there)
  7. No file size limitation…
  8. Desktop gagdet for easy access (not so important)
  9. low CPU and memory usage
  10. virtual keyboard

Automated actions is already present on avast.

Kaspersky has this feature, eligible, i.e., you can set the default action to be taken.

Maybe caching the files (https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help-cis/av-scan-speedup-suggestion-t72953.0.html;msg519224#msg519224).
Maybe improving the engine.

Too difficult (if not impossible). The virus definitions could be optimized and the size reduced. But all antivirus has this “problem”.

AVG users complain about Link Scanner due to its huge Internet speed reducing.

Things can always improve :slight_smile:

Can’t you remove this in the options?

avast added one… but I do not use Gadgets at all…

It’s always an objective…

Some antivirus have it.

That is already there when enabling Automatically quarantine threats found during scanning

2. automatically prompt you to scan the content of all USB flash drives, CDs and DVDs
It will scan them when accessing.
3. improve scanning speed(most needed..its slower)
Never a bad thing
4. decrease in initial update
+1
5. link scanner
6. change in GUI(very poor in terms of other AV out there)
+1
7. No file size limitation....
8. Desktop gagdet for easy access (not so important)
A nice idea
9. low CPU and memory usage
Is it not low enough?;)
10. virtual keyboard
  1. sometimes if 5-6 threats detected then ,comodo keep on asking for action its annoying…three different actions clean , disinfect , delete does the same thing…it completely removes the file… it must be different from each other… for example rar or zip file it completely deletes the file… instead of removing threat inside it…

2. i didnt think its happpening for USB flash drives…i m asking for a feature like that of nod32 and kaspersky…so that u dont have to right click scan USB drive…

3. one that makes me frustating… that comod0 doesn’t show finishing time… how much left to be scan… and yeah!! scanning speed is slow but faster than previous version

4. vulnerability scanner can be great idea… i think comodo used to have software earlier that used to this job …has been discontinued… it will be great if it re - introduce it… coz some of the software like adobe flash player , java , adobe reader are the most vulnerable software that hackers can use to victimize others…

5. i think virtual keyboard is needed … to be safe from keylogger… its not alwayz case that keylogger willl be detcted by AV… so this feature can be helpful… even for CCE this additional feature will be nice…

Have you found a keylogger that gets past Defense+?

i used desktop shark keylogger that went passed through defense … it ddin’t notify me anything …even AV didnt detected it…

but how will that keylogger get into your computer? Infection mechanism is important to catch. So is there an infection mechanism that will bypass D+ and inject this keylogger into your computer?

I guess it was treated as a trusted.

sorry to mentioned that i sandboxed the desktop shark but still it was tracking all the keys i typed…is there was something wrong in my settings for defense…

That’s not what is asked for.

It still waits at the end of the scan for you to click on results and then clean/ignore.

There should be a way to set in options to take a default/defined action.

Disinfect. if not possible then delete etc., (A backup copy is always handyl)

friend…you just got the word i want to say… if there is default action set for detected infections, there is no need to give action like clean, delete… some of the AV like Kaspersky and Norton already have it…