List of attacks.

Is there a way in Comodo Firewall Pro to list all unsolicited attempts to access a PC from the Internet? That is, possible/likely attacks? I’d really like to get a list of all such attempts over say a one month period.

I do believe CFP keeps logs of all connection attempts. In fact, I know is does, I just don’t know how to get there because CFP doesn’t yet work for Vista. However, if you can find it yourself or wait until someone else post detailed instructions here the log is probably what you’re looking for.

Providing you have the catch-all BLOCK rule at the bottom of your Network Monitor rule list and logging is enabled on this rule (as it is by default), if you open CFP and click on ACTIVITY - LOGS and do a right click in the log window and select EXPORT TO HTML, you can read the exported log files for any suspected attack. The HTML file will open in any browser.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen.

Is the “catch-all BLOCK rule” you mention the one that reads:
BLOCK and LOG IP IN or OUT FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE IPPROTO IS ANY

I have one more rule under that, which reads:
ALLOW TCP or UDP IN or OUT FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE SOURCE PORT IS [Any] AND DESTINATION PORT IS [Any]

BTW, is there any way to list all rules in a copyable or printable format, without having to type them out one by one when seeking support?

TIA