LibreOffice on Windows 8

I want to know if LibreOffice for Windows 8 is available as a desktop app. I checked the LibreOffice website but didn’t find anything that gave me an answer. I don’t want to sign up for their email list or sign in through my Google account in order to ask a question. I used Google Search but that also didn’t give me an answer.

Most applications that work for Windows 7 also work for Windows 8 (doesn’t apply for security suits, they often need to be updated for the specific operating systems) But I will try and install 4.0.0 Final and I’ll tell you if it works.

Okay, I’ll wait for your response. Also, thanks again for helping me.

I just installed it from here: Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft and it is working well, at least I haven’t seen any issues with the little testing I have done.

Also, thanks for reminding me! Was going to install it some time ago but forgot about it, finally got around to it now. =P

So it’s available as a desktop app?

Yes, you just need to download it and then install it.

Okay, thanks. I’m glad I reminded you to install LibreOffice!

Hi Guys,

Moreover, in order to test (and use it) you can try LibreOffice Portable from PortableApps.com
Run it from USB Stick or you can choose directory on Hard Drive - that is how it works here - no impact on OS’s registry & so on

Cheers!