Let's make a safer browsing environment. Participate in Web of Trust

It blocks dangerous sites which prevent you from getting infected by spywares, adwares and viruses. It works. I just have been using it for 2 days and it already blocked a site I tried to enter. The north Korea News agency site based in Japan. Of course you can proceed to enter the site if you want.

Every site and link are rated by users which gives you indication of how safe and trustworty the site that you are viewing or about to enter.

Try it for yourself. But a bit of advice don’t uninstall this add-on after mere hours. Give it a week at least and see if you like it. I didn’t like it at first but now I think it’s brilliant. This add-on not only helps you to browse safer but it enables you to help others browse safer.

Way ahead of you. Firefox is never without noscript and wot.

(:KWL)

The main problem with these types of add-ons (WOT, Site Advisor etc.) is the frequency of the ratings/crawling. A previously trusted site can become infected in the blink of an eye, but the change in rating status from trusted to untrusted takes considerably longer.

In theory, they’re great, but, in theory, practice and theory are the same thing, in practice, however …

Ewen :slight_smile:

Have you tried Haute Secure?
I wrote about it on my tech blog. It is pretty good.

www.computorial.blogspot.com

I use Finjan. Seems to be doing it’s job.

Oh my goodness. I completely forget about Finjan. I used it a couple of years ago. I will go and check it right now

Thanks for the heads up.

(:KWL)

Let’s make a safer browsing environment… Sounds funny to me.

It’s some kind of censorship. You are in need of some info, but you believe…no, no, no…trust this or that add-ons and you leave that site. I prefer “to host” some brain in my head, than have an excellent software add-ons, which will recommend me to visit or not to visit some places.

Let people have more education. Let people chance to be trained. There is one nice proverb: training someone to use a fishing tackle is much better than giving someone a fish. As for me I prefer to teach my family and girlfriend, friends by saying like this: “Look here, watch my actions. Believe me, but only AFTER checking yourself and learning from this. Your brain will be stronger”.

You, americans, speaking a lot about freedom. It’s nice! And freedom of education is also wonderful. Using add-ons is relevant only for newbies. Is it (add-ons) like spyware? Some kind of spyware? I saw old notebooks from my american friends. Oh, my god! Browsers with toolbars!!! Add-ons, add-ons and add-ons… It’s terrible. At least for me. :slight_smile: