Less paranoyd behaviour

As I find Comodo one of the best firewalls around I still find it too instrusive…

For instance all the programs I allow access to the web are configured to skip the parent but still every once and a while I’m propted with questions if I want to allow access…

This happens mostly when other apps check for updates and launch Firefox to access their website or after I install/update Firefox plugins… I’ll be prompted that “the interface was chanced by app X” or that “an invisible application is trying to access the web using X”…

And if I allow and make the app remeber my choice it’ll forget that I had skip parent enabled!

Is it a bug or an overkill behaviour? It becomes too intruse for dayly usage and I often find myself disabling the Firewall…

P.S.: How about a check box in the warning splash (when you disable the firewall) to never show that same warning again? It really bugs always having to confirm something I want it to do…

Hi,

You can configure the firewall not only to skip parent check, but also to skip advanced security checks and stuff.

In the miscelaneous right? Just did so.

Still I think the default behaviour of the firewall is overkill. Hope it gets better with the white list system of the upcoming 3.0

I have the same issue and sometimes is annoying. Why does the CFP forget that settings?