Left Over Comodo Registry Keys Causing Problems

I have tried using safe mode and even changing the permissions in regedit, but I simply can not get these reg keys out of the system. Normally I wouldn’t worry but there causing problems. I tried using jv16 PowerTools but even that wont clean them out. Any advice?

Here are they keys(there for Comodo Firewall BTW):
I tried to remove them with jv16 but cant get them gone! Here are the keys:
[19:11:32 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:33 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:33 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:33 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:33 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:34 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:34 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:34 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:34 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:34 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:35 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:35 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:35 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:35 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:35 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:36 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:36 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:36 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:36 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:36 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:37 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:37 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:37 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:37 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:37 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:38 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:38 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:38 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:38 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:38 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:39 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:39 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:39 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:39 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:39 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:40 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:40 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:40 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:40 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:40 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:41 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:41 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:41 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:41 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:41 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:42 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:42 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:42 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:42 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:42 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:43 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:43 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:43 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:43 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:43 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:44 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:44 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:44 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:44 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:44 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:45 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:45 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:45 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:45 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:45 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:46 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:46 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:46 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:46 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:46 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:47 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:47 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:47 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:47 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:48 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:48 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:48 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:48 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:48 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:49 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:49 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:49 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:49 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:49 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:50 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : FriendlyName”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:50 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:50 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0003\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:50 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0002\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:50 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\nt_inspectmp\0001\ : Mfg”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”
[19:11:51 - Error]: Failed to remove “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\enum\root\legacy_cmdhlp\0000\ : DeviceDesc”! Windows core returned the following error: “Access denied or invalid key”

COMODO Registry Cleaner?

Josh

Well that got some stuff but not these keys.

Is your OS Vista.
Dennis

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that.

Sorry you cannot remove legacy entries in the registry on Vista
It will not allow you to change permissons on Vista.
You should be able to remove the other entries unless they are part of the legacy keys.
Dennis

Well thats just great.

Comodo, as much as I have loved and defended it, is quickly loosing my support. First, I heard reports that it corrupted peoples OS when uninstalling. I didn’t believe it, until it happened on my computer. Secondly, after removing it on my girls lap top due to connectivity problems,it has caused problems with installing ESET Smart Security and after deleting as many comodo references as possible from the registry, it now lists the comodo hardware drivers in device manager as Unknown devices and refuses to let me remove them.

I want to continue using Comodo but at this I am not feeling very assured that using this great product is worth the risks associated with it. Hopefully some one can help me resolve the removal of the Comodo items from my device manager in Vista.

Thanks!

BTW If I reinstall comodo, the device manager still lists the 4 or 5 pieces of “hardware” as unknown items. Plus Comodo says it is not running properly and when I try to run the diagnostic tool it runs the diagnostic and claims to fix the problems, but yet comodo still says it isnt running properley.

Please read this Topic it might help.
Dennis

I have to reinstall IE7 and i get a message: actualization could not complete. After a few tryout i decide turn off CIS, BO, CMF but same issue.
I unninstall all Comodo software and then try again installing IE7 but now, i get a message tellin me about registry permisions changed. Then i try to repair registry permisions with Micosoft utility with bad results.

Is CIS not restoring permisions in the registry when uninstalling? I have to format & reinstall Windows.

Win XP Pro SP3

Dennis, admittedly I haven’t read all 18 pages but i have skimmed through the topic and tried several things listed in there. Nothing really offered any help. I tried searching for the string “device manager” here on the forums but it only returned one topic that wasnt even related to comodo.

Sorry having a few probs with Vista.

Re your question have tried showing hidden devices?

Are the devices you cannot remove there?
Could you post a screenshot of those devices only.

Will post re the registry keys when I have finish sorting Vista and install CIS.
Dennis

Checked reguarding the registry keys all keys in root are classed as legacy keys you can remove in XP but not Vista.
Looked on the microsoft site and it says these keys do not cause problems this was approx 9 months ago.

I think the reason they made them like that is that some people had deleted some keys that were needed.

There is one way to get system rights which you need to delete these keys, but then the way the registry keys are shown you do not know which one to delete.
Dennis

Here is the screen shot.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1020/91253885fs2.jpg

Sorry it took so long posting from Vista comp.

Can you disable the unknown devices in the driver tab.
If you then reboot try removing them.

Screenshot below to show Comodo devices.
Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tried that already Dennis. I can disable them as you have said, but not remove them.

I was wondering if you had but thought I better suggest it I’am afraid installing on Vista is not much harder that XP even with UAC enabled but removing something is another matter.
I remember someone was having trouble getting rid of Mini-ports on XP but I doubt if this would help.

Another suggestion have you tried searching MS Vista website for removing devices sorry if you already have.
Dennis

Another suggestion have you tried searching MS Vista website for removing devices sorry if you already have. Dennis
Couldnt find anything my self, any chance you could see what you can find?

Will have a look later today or tomorrow.
Will post back either way.
Dennis

thanks Dennis