Latest Update

I did a new install of Comodo Firewall a couple of days ago. After some tweaking, things seemed OK.

Today I got a balloon for a new update and clicked OK and start. After that, nothing happened. I thought I saw an icon or two quickly flash. Waited several minutes and rechecked for updates. None were available. Is this how Comodo updates? I thought this happened like this one time when I had 3.5. There was no updating window or completed window. My version number is 3.8.65951.477. That is the same, I believe, as when I first downloaded 3.8.

When you do updates/installs should you turn off AV’s?

Ken

This is a wellknown bug. The update notification sometimes pops up when there is no actual update available.
I assume it will be fixed in the next release :THNK

Thanks Beanie,

Do you still disable AV (NOD32) for updates/installs of Comodo?

Ken

I wouldn’t know about that, since I use CIS for my antivirus. It might be a good idea though, as an extra precaution. Just remember to enable it again afterwards :wink:

May I assume you are not running NOD32 AV with Comodo AV? Just Firewall and Defense+, yes? It’s never a good idea to use 2 real-time AV’s together.

Thanks Again,

Yes, only one AV. I am not to good at all this, but not that bad. :slight_smile:

I like Comodo because it is a challenge to learn and very effective. Most my laptop usage is learning about computers and programs. I figure with Acronis, I can ■■■■■ up all I want and just restore.

Ken

I like Comodo because it is a challenge to learn and very effective.

Thats a good opinion to have. There are so many Comodo users who try CIS, then give up on it after they realise they actually need to know SOMETHING about computers :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for all the useability improvements coming up though ;D

I figure with Acronis, I can ■■■■■ up all I want and just restore.

Just bear in mind that there may come a time where an image might fail, and you could be stuck :wink:

Unlikely, but possible.

Thanks for the replies,

I have full images in two different locations and put all my personal data on an 8gb thumb drive on an almost daily basis.

Ken

Then you’re good to go :wink:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed,

I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware yesterday. And, unlike when I put it on 3.5, all seems to be running fine.

Ken