Latest CIS update computer performance drops on and offline in minutes

First this is on a Win8 laptop.
I have tried many things including just running Virtual Kiosk without the AV or FW running and it does the same thing, computer performance drops dramatically in minutes online and offline and the only thing I have found is very high CPU usage (97%).
When I take Comodo off, things run normally.

First let make sure that make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over service or driver can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

What CIS process(es) was/were causing the high cpu usage? How long do these bursts last?

Did you try disabling Run cache builder when computer is idle?

What I was doing was trying to run the Virtual Kiosk alone (it worked) so I downloaded only the Firewall CIS and when it installed, turned off the Firewall protection in the Advanced settings.

Windows Firewall and Defender were running and typically when I install Comodo CIS, Windows Defender and Firewall turn off and let Comodo function in their place (task manager has confirmed this).

The 97% CPU useage (on a text based sites) was tied directly to using a Chrome based browser, Opera had no adverse effect and ran normally.

I normally never run AV or Firewall or security programs, am very good at recovery and live by the credo “Never put anything on your computer you can’t afford to loose”, zip drives are my best friend.

Will look at the cache feature you mentioned and do a full removal of MS Security Essentials before reinstalling CIS.

I am focused on running the Virtual KIOSK separately mainly because the performance hit when running CIS in its entirety has been depressingly slow but there is just something I really like about the VK.

Will let you know how it goes and thanks for the clues.

You have Comodo Firewall running with network firewall disabled. I assume you are using the default configuration.

Chrome based browsers? Which ones did you try? Chrome and Dragon? Does the same thing happen with all extensions disabled?

Is the high cpu usage continuous or with bursts?

Just re-installed Comodo Firewall only, turned Firewall off and used Virt Kiosk only, Used the latest Chrome browser after deleting Comodo browser and after about 30 minutes online the screen starts jittering when scrolling then just locks up, I manage to get task manager opened and it showed 98% CPU useage but no unusual memory usage but what was odd was I searched for what was using the most CPU and it was explorer.exe (not internet explorer) using 40 to 50%…and Comodo Security showed 10% but Virtkiosk showed
30%.

Comodo internet browser has always been slow and quirky in Win 8 that’s why I always remove it, to try to remove variables and hopefully focus better on the root cause but explorer.exe makes no sense plus it wasn’t even open!

Windows 8, just another in a long line of wierdness from Microsoft.