Laptop Locks When Installing Firewall Version 3.5.55810.432_XP_Vista_x32

Hi

I have been trying to install Comodo firewall on my new Lenovo T500 Thinkpad and Vista 32bit Business version. I have been using CIS_Setup_3.5.54375.427_XP_Vista_x32.exe and CIS_Setup_3.5.55810.432_XP_Vista_x32.exe but only installing the firewall. After installing and restarting the laptop gets to the Vista Welcome page and hangs.

Here are my steps used to load Comodo after restoring Vista on the laptop:
Turned off UAC
Stopped windows firewall in services and disabled its startup
Restarted laptop.
Ran CIS_Setup_3.5.55810.432_XP_Vista_x32.exe and installed the firewall only.
Restarted laptop as requested. The laptop gets to the Vista “Welcome” page and hangs!
If you go into safe mode Comodo icon is on the desktop and Comodo utility can be started. Comodo seems to be running.

To recover I have to reload Vista.

Could this be a problem with Vista, Comodo or the ThinkPad?

Regards

Evening and welcome

Do you have defense+ Installed?
If so, Boot In Safe Mode > Open Firewall > Right Click Icon > Defense+ Security level > Training Mode or Disabled
Did This Solve Your Issue?

If not, Boot In Safe Mode > Open Firewall > Defense+ > Advance > Computer Security Policy > Defense+ Settings > Deactivate The Defense+ Permanently
Did This Solve?

If Not,
If so, Boot In Safe Mode > Open Firewall > Misc > Diagnostics
Did This Solve?

If Not, Uninstall Comodo Firewall
Use Revo Uninstaller(ATTACHED) > Select Comodo Firewall > Moderate
Then Install It Once More From The Download Page Free Firewall - Download the Best Firewall Protection and Anti-Virus Scan Software from Comodo

(Personal Question: How is your Lenovo, I Think I might buy one :D)

CG

[attachment deleted by admin]

This Topic might help.
Dennis

Thanks CGPMaster for your ideas by unfortunately they did not work, the laptop still locks!

Next I am going to try the solution that Dennis2 pointed out.This is updating the Client Security Solution.

I have found the Lenovo ThinkPads great laptops. This is my second ThinkPad and the previous R50 has been excelent.