[LAN] Problem with internet access

Hi

I’ve just installed Comodo firewall but I’ve a problem with my homemade LAN (wifi). This is my configuration:

1) PC Desktop connected to Internet directly through an ADSL modem. 2) A notebook that connect through WiFi to the Desktop

The notebook has full access to all resources of the Desktop (local drives and Internet connection), while the Desktop has no access to notebook

The notebook has no security software installed/running (except the windows firewall) while on the Desktop I’ve installed Comodo

The problem is that now from Notebook I can access only the Desktop’s shared folders but I can’t access to web

Stranger thing is that I got this problem after a first time (15-20 minutes) when all was OK, and I’ve changed nothing in this time :o

Can someone explain me how to solve?

Tanks in advance

What version of Comodo Firewall are you using? You can find the version number under Miscellaneous → About. The latest version is 3.12. 111745.560.

When you are using an older version of Comodo please uninstall the older version and install the latest. You can get the latest version here: http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html . It is best to do that straight away as you cannot export the configuration of older versions (<3.10) to the latest due to several types of changes.

How does the wireless connection work between the desktop computer and the laptop? Does the desktop have a wireless adapter that is set to radio or is there a wireless router hooked up to the desktop?

When on the latest version and the problem is still there I need the following information:

• Look under Firewall → Advanced → Firewall Behaviour settings → Alert settings → make sure “This computer is an Internet connection gateway (ICS server)” is enabled. This is mandatory in your situation
  • The configuration you are running. Are you using the default configuration or did you change it? If so what are the changes you made?
  • A screenshot of the Global Rules. They can be found under Firewall → Advanced → Network Security → Global Rules
  • A screenshot of the Firewall logs. THey can be found under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Alerts

How to post a screenshot?

When the window you want the screenshot is active push alt+print screen. The window is now copied to the clipboard. Paste the image in any image editing program, Paint, Paint.net, the Gimp etc, and save the file as 32 bits png image.

At the forum push the reply button. Or when using the Quick reply type some text and push the preview button.

Underneath the text box click on Additional options. Push the Choose button and navigate to the file and select it. When you want to post more images click on the more attachments link.

When done typing push the Post or Preview button.