LAN Connection Disables. Only Solution Uninstall CPF.

Hi. I’ve been running CPF for a couple of weeks now and really like it. BUT I’ve hit a major problem:

My LAN connection becomes disabled whenever my pc enters power save model.

Everything I try to re-enable the LAN connection (including exiting CPF) fails. The only way to restore connectivity is to reboot the system.

The same problem occurs even if I disable CPF immeditely after boot up.

I’ve trawled the forum and found several posts about problems with LAN connectivity and have tried all the solutions suggested but none work.

The only way to stop the problem happening has been to uninstall CPF (:SAD)

Can anyone help please?

G’day,

One thought off the top of my head, check the properties of your NIC and see if “Allows Windows to turn this device off to conserve power” is enabled. If it is, try disabling it.

Please post the results back here.

hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I also had this problem like TW, but the tip from you Ewen was the solution for me…so…thanks Ewen! :slight_smile:

I have that enabled, but if i come from power save mode, it just takes 2-3 seconds, and then i’m connected again. ;D

The same problem WAS there on my laptop aswell, that is. It went “normal” when IBM/Lenovo updated the drivers for my Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet. After the drivers were fixed, they re-initialize properly after a suspend/resume situation.

Check if your hardware manufacturer has upgraded the drivers lately, might be the solution you’re looking for, since I doubt that the problem is really that the card is shut down during suspend (if that had been a problem, it wouldn’t have come up properly after a cold boot), but that the driver doesn’t re-initialize the card properly on resume.

Only reason this is more visible when running a personal firewall, is that the firewall doesn’t “let go” of the NIC as easily as a normal application.

//Svein