Komodia superfish and Privdog vulnerability "ssl hijacker" [merged]

Do you even understand what the vulnerability is and how you could exploit it?

No you don’t , that’s why you wrote that.

How about I will setup a machine with that vulnerability and you try to compromise it, see if it’s that easy.

I have to agree with Melih.

Well, someone didn’t see that the issue was already addressed before flaming. Good luck finding a perfect vendor of security software that never has any issues ever.

as i was typing this popped…

I merged your topic with an already existing one. Please read it carefully. You will find your concerns as well as comments on articles you quoted.

Lirva is yet another ignorant person causing scaremongering.

It’s trolling season and when it trolls it pours … :wink:

Wow i just started when isaw the article then few week/ some days it became big

Though i think privdog still did good than komodia/superfish but i never thought there can be vulnerability or issue atleast they fixed it , there is no software that is bug free

I assumed privdog would check revocation for certificates since its affilieted with comodo , does it?? Since for certificate the big issue for it are if its real and not revoked/invalidated and also a strong password key

Are you referring to the bug with the self signed certificates? That one is fixed:

I don’t recall an article where it is stated PD would not check the revocation status.

yes i know but i was reacting on how the thread became that big

i wasnt saying that it didnt i was saying its not like it doesnt check it sorry i am having a hard time of putting the right words atm