KillSwitch Application Help!

Hello, I am new to the thread and I just started using Killswitch version 7. My question is, under the options tab; scan for hidden services and scan for hidden processes are shadowed out and are not accessible. Is this normal or did I perhaps miss a step in installation? I appreciate any advice, but must warn, I am no techy so please keep it simple, lol and thank you in advance.

In order for you to enable these two options you have to start Killswitch from the Clean Endpoint option in Advanced Tasks section of CIS, then these two options can be enabled while using Killswitch :slight_smile:

1. Open CIS interface, and go to Tasks.
  2. In Advanced Tasks section click Clean Endpoint.
  3. When Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is launched and opens, on the Tools menu click Open Killswitch.
  4. Now you can click those two options and enable them.

I can take pictures if you need any visual clues , please let me know if you need any further help :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your reply :slight_smile: I will try this and let you know if it works.

Ok, that worked! I have another question; how do I add users? When I click on the users drop down box, there is only 1 user and with no options to add users and I know there are more than 1 user. Please advise and thank you in advance :slight_smile:

The list of users in Killswitch are from the list of user accounts on your computer, if you only have one account for your computer then only one will be listed, of course you can add more accounts to Windows from the control panel, go to User Accounts and Family Safety, from here you be able to add more users to your computer with there own accounts, configuration, password to log into Windows, but have a feeling this is not what you think users is for in Killswitch, it is list of accounts set up on your Windows NOT a list of users for CIS or Killswitch, I hope this helps you :slight_smile:

Hello again :slight_smile: I have another question; where are the settings for the Killswitch/Auto Run Analyzer please? Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

As far as I know there are no settings for either, only options to change how it displays information and what it displays, maybe this is what you mean ?

I remembered a quicker method to get those two menu items in your original post to be enabled, sorry I forgot this method guess having a off day, basically you need to restart Killswitch with administration privileges, this can be achieved from Killswitch using the small blue and yellow shield shaped button located bottom right of the window, if you look for the version number bottom right you will see the small shield next to the version number, click the shield, and then click ‘Yes’ on the dialog that pop’s up, I will post couple screen shot to help you :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you so much for all your help Aimee…I truly appreciate your responses and help! :slight_smile:

Do you know anything about the autorun analyzer settings Aimee?

Your very welcome april, thats what we are here for, to help one and another :wink:

Autorun Analyzer doesn’t have any settings that I know of, only settings as such are to change the viewing options that’s about it, Killswitch has more options to configure its view which is really good. I’m not sure what settings you would like to have, maybe you could create a wish in the wishlist section, hopefully the devs will take notice and you will see your wish in a future version :slight_smile:

Ok Aimee, thank you so much again for your responses, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

You are very welcome april, sorry for late reply as I have been a bit under the weather and things have slipped my mind. I’m sure you are having as much fun with Killswitch and its equally fun friends as we all have, and its always great hanging out here in the forum as well, hope to read many more of your posts. huuugs ;D