Keyboard Hot keys

Keyboard Hot keys
I’d like to suggest being able to use Keyboard Hot keys to grant access rights to programs.
For instance when I load a new game which is fullscreen getting back to desktop is very difficult and many a time I just have to reboot.

It would be really nice to be able to press for example CTRL ALT PGUP to give access to program and also disable advanced security checks. CTRL ALT PGDN no access.

Hope your understand what I mean thx you

Defender

I do and I have mentioned this before. Games (many) take rule over programs which I found to be a pain as well. I think it has something to do with how the game functions as I can’t get task manager to take front row over a game screen. I don’t game all too often but my son does and has the same issues. As I stated, I think this would upset gaming funtion in most games or so I was told. Especially with firewalls, if the game loads, you can’t get to the firewall to allow access many times. Perhaps if firewalls had a delay option to delay startups in programs that access the internet so you can allow it before running. Perhaps the game should have this automatically. Won’t show until access permitted, or allow someone to access programs with a game freeze button, don’t know. Am I correct in your thinking or no? Using hot keys of course.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

This intruduces additional problems. A trojan can use those hotkeys to answer on behalf of you. Thats why it is not there.

Wow, you learn something new every day. I admit, I did not know that. :o I don’t come accross hot key issues much, very interresting. I will be Googling this.

Cheers,

Paul

Wow, I guess it has more than a few vulnerabilities. I have always disabled mine and now i’m glad I do. Even Mac hotkeys open up holes for attacks. Thanks egemen. :wink:

Cheers,

Paul

Well, I agree with Comicfan on games. With huge usage of multiplayer games and MORPG, it would be nice to have something to manage Comodo when launching the games.

Thank you lian, however, I was in fact just pointing out if I understood what the above post meant and do not use hot keys myself. :wink: Something to perhaps pause a program that tries to access the internet, so you don’t get a screen up before being able to click your firewall, now that I may find handy. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Paul

Any program in Windows can use FindWindow(), EnumWindows() and PostMessage() to find and manipulate the Comodo alert dialog – without using any keys. Or, they can send TAB key strokes to that alert dialog, and then send SPACE or ENTER to click the buttons or checkboxes.

There’s absolutely NO reason NOT to have keyboard shortcuts on the CFP alert dialogs. Without them, it’s a royal pain in the read to have to MOUSE them all the time!!!

This thread is 2 years old.

I think I will close it.