keeps asking about the same program again and again

hello everyone at comodo…
firewall keeps asking about the same programs again and again and again…i have tried each new version…but i keep going back to za pro…i would use this for sure if only it could remember…but it keeps forgetting…even though i even set notifications on the lowest…
please…please…please…its really anoying having to deal with loads of popups…am i the only one???
other than this prob with te firewall…
i send you my thanksssssssss for your hard work…

Hey, interested, I’m sorry you’re having problems with CPF. It should be pretty smooth sailing…

Let’s see if we can’t get this resolved for you.

First, in order to install CPF, you’ll need to uninstall ZA. I recommend disconnecting from the internet during the process, so make sure you’ve already got CPF ready to go, your Activation code ready, etc.

Uninstall ZA, reboot, etc.

Install CPF, follow the prompts for an Automatic (Standard, not Advanced) installation. Reboot, etc.

You’ll need to reconnect to the internet to activate, and you’ll have some initial popups for your system to connect to your router/LAN/and so on. You can choose to Allow or Deny as you like, but don’t check the “Remember” box at this point (as that will create a permanent rule).

The first thing to do is run the Applications Wizard - Go to Security/Tasks/Scan for Known Applications (lower right corner). If you have a LAN and need to access through a server computer, or share files/drives, run the Network Setup Wizard - Security/Tasks/Define a Trusted New Network (if the LAN doesn’t apply, you can skip that step). Now go to Security/Advanced/Miscellaneous and make sure the second box is checked, “Do not show alerts for applications certified by Comodo.”

Reboot your computer to set the rules and changes.

Now you should be all set, and you shouldn’t have that problem, starting off.

Any time you start an application that is not part of what Comodo scanned and automatically added, you will get an alert popup from CPF whether you want to allow or deny the application. If you want to always allow it, click the checkbox for “Remember” before clicking the “Allow” button. This will create a rule.

Let me know if that works for you; it should, but you never know… :slight_smile:

LM

dear little mac
thank you very much for your swift reply…

i used your advice on 2.4.3.106 beta and got the same results…maybe worse…internet explorer notifictions went beserk…each time on opening…again and again…so i uninstalled…

i installed stable 2.3.6.81 used your advice and things went perfectly…just the notificayions one would expect…i am right now using comodo 2.3.6.81…i have ditched za pro 5.5 which i have used for years…i will keep you informed how it goes…

congratulations on a fine firewall…
thanks
interested (:WAV)

No problem, interested, I’m glad to (try) to help…

I’m sorry the Beta release caused so much trouble for you; sometimes they can be quirky/problematic. Software’s like that… :cry:

However, I’m glad that you have gotten 2.3.6.81 up and running smoothly. Absolutely nothing wrong with that! The next stable release, I believe, currently has an anticipated release early next year. Obviously, that could change; Comodo wants to make sure they have a solid, stable product before going with a final release; they will push the date back as they need to, to make sure of that.

There’s a lot of good info in the forums to help you with any firewall questions you have. Read through, search for answers to problems, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be glad to answer.

If you’re good to go with this problem you initially posted here, would you please do the following:

Go to your original post in this thread, click on edit (the little finger icon on the lower right of the post), and add “[Resolved]” to the Subject line, either before or after the existing text. That way others will know when they see it.

LM