KCeasy tuttorial (Gnutella, Ares, OpenFT, Fasttrack)

KCeasy is one of the best filesharing programs.
It connects to the Ares, Gnutella, OpenFT (and with a plugin, at the Fasttrack) networks. It is far better than bearshare, limewire, morpheus, kazaa, imesh and a lot others P2P programs. It is lighter than Shareaza because it can be used also with very slow internet connections as gprs, 33kb, 56kb.
And the best of all is very fast, and it’s free and open source.

You can download it from
http://www.kceasy.com/

If you want to add the option to connect at the Fasttrack network (the one that Kazaa and Imesh use) download and install the plugin from

Remember to adjust the “maximum number of sources per download” from 4 to 8. More than 8 can cause a lot of problems even for very fast connections.

And now lets explain what rules we should use under the “network monitor” tab of the CPF.

Rules for TCP/UDP protocol

Rule 1 (Gnutella network)

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = your IP adress (or “Any” )
Source port = Any
Destination port = 6346

Rule 2 (Ares network)

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = 59049

Rule 3 (OpenFT network)*

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = A port range → Start Port = 1215, End Port = 1216

Rule 4 (Fasttrack network)*

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = 1214

*If you want you can use e merged rule of the above 3 and 4. This should be like this

*Merged rule 3-4 (OpenFT and Fasttrack networks)

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = A port range → Start Port = 1214, End Port = 1216

ps. After creating the rules remember to move the rules up, over the default rule “Block IP in”. (CPF “reads/applicates” the rules from the top to the bottom)

by pandlouk

If you wish to add only one rule for all networks instead of adding separate rules, the just add the following:

One merged rule:

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = “A set of ports” = 1214,1215,1216,6346,59049

(R)

Hi Pandlouk,
First of all, thanks for KCeasy tutorial (:CLP).
I do have some Q about setting up Comodo-KCeasy rules/ports etc.
But before that I will ask a bit different Q. And if you think that the following need to be moved to a new thread, please tell.
KCeasy (0.18) installed.
Neither Network nor App rules applied in Comodo.
Forwarded ports - NONE
Started KCeasy
No question from COMODO (!?)
All networks connected. Can download anything… (speed is not a concern, rather out of scope of this post)
Now, Comodo fired at me many questions when µTorrent & Morpheus where launched 1st time.
In order to get ANY communication with outside world using those two mentioned clients I must do all 3 things: Net., App. Rules and forward port(s).
So what is so special about KCeasy-Comodo relationship and transparent
download (possibly upload) traffic when all ports “are closed” & no rules set?
Best regards & thanks in advance.
PS
XP Pro SP2
Comodo 2.3.5.62 (XP Firewall - OFF)
ADSL/Router

I followed all the instructions included in the first posts of this thread, but still can’t get KCeasy to connect to any protocol.

Any ideas?

My configuration:
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Firewall
AVG Antivirus 7.5
ADSL
784 MB RAM

Probably you need to update you node files in KCeasy. :wink:

ps.are you behind a router? If yes have you opened the same ports at the router?

Pandlouk, thanks for your help. I found the solution to all my problems with CPF: I just UNINSTALLED IT and reinstall my old Sygate Personal Firewall… now everything is working as it supossed, and without ANY special settings.

Regards

Victor Espina

I know nothing about security but I have trusted comodo firewall and have left it at all default settings.
I downloaded KCeasy and comodo firewall let it connect to all networks without even giving it a second thought. I thought it would block it until I allowed it or setting rules.
Any one have thoughts on this?

OR… is this part of the default rules that since my computer sent out the request it allowed the networks on kceasy to respond and show connected?
I don’t know, this is all greek to me.

KCeasy.exe and gift.exe are applications certified by Comodo. This means CFW configures itself when you run them for the first time and doesn’t show them in the application monitor.
This is done to help novice users for not be “bombared” from lot of pop-ups. ;D

If you disable “Do not show any alerts for the applications certified by comodo” CFW will notify you :wink:

thanks pandlouk.

Im going to stick to fixing airplanes and let you experts handle my computer security. I use both CFW and CAV with no problems noted. I just have lots of questions, thats the only way for this old dog to learn new tricks.