Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

Interesting video especially the way their trying to copy the Comodo sandbox under the application Control Tab. They are sneaking it in slowly. Have they no shame ? 88)

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

actually kapersky had that before comodo did

Indeed. wasgij6 was just a bit faster to reply:)
The same as “default deny” is not an invention by Comodo, as a matter of fact :wink:
well known and used way long before, say what about Software Restriction Policies?

Cheers!

Yes sure “Default Deny” itself was not invented by Comodo but Comodo was the first one to create such security package based on such architecture and it’s the most sophisticated “Default Deny” system on the security market today.

That could seriously be debated I think.

Version 2009 (8.0)

This version introduces a revised user interface, an application filtering module, an updated anti-virus engine, and a vulnerability scanner.

Version 2010 (9.0)

Version 2010 of Kaspersky Internet Security introduced an overhauled user interface and a sandbox for running applications in a virtualized environment. The 9.0.0.736 build of KIS 2010 fully supported the Windows 7 operating system.

source - Kaspersky Internet Security - Wikipedia

https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/great-kaspersky-moving-to-default-deny-t87665.0.html

Kaspersky had this Before comodo did. Kaspersky has been in this much longer than Comodo has.

I’m not here to say I’m right and your wrong to anyone. What I can say that the first appearance of any sort of application control from Kaspersky was introduced in KIS version 8.0 in 2009. The first version of KIS was only released in 2007 which was 6.0. Application control has never been part of KAV or kaspersky Antihacker to the very best of my knowledge.

Version 6.0 & 7.0 had something called application integrity control but that only monitored for file changes and digital certificate validity.

Comodo has had default deny/application control in implementation since 2008.

If anyone could show me a reference otherwise I would be happy to see it.

proof link ? or you - mytho the creator

:slight_smile: I can show the link about HIPS

[URL=http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=1415d15f4fcfa59455e98326358517c6]

[/URL]

HIPS the application currently

P.S.: examples of implementation

[URL=http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=112904154210b5c64977991aa390b5ac]

[/URL]

Sandbox & Safe Run (Version 2010 (9.0))

Well if we look at the interface of the new comodo v6 then it would seem pretty obvious who the inspiration was…the grey and green is a dead giveaway even down to the the 3 taskbar dots on the bottom.(which incidentally dont work in comodo).

And kaspersky can be just as powerful a HIPS as comodo if configured correctly.
Just an observation on my part. ;D ;D ;D
Thanks. :wink: :wink:

I think the three dots have prior art in tablets and phones before Kaspersky and Comodo started using them…

Agreed although i dont use tablets or smartphones myself.

here is your proof link

KIS 2013

Database update released on February 4, 2013 caused Web Anti-Virus to block Internet access

The issue affects the following Kaspersky Lab products installed:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations 6.0.4 MP4;
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows;
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows;
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012;
Kaspersky Pure 2.0.;
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

;)  [url=http://www.itar-tass.com/en/c467/639986.html][b]Russia observing international Safer Internet Day[/b][/url] 
       © ITAR-TASS

Saw that last night. From what I read it was only for the Windows XP OS.

Legitimate 91 day trial key if anyone would like it. Insert the key and it will be validated.

4GGYH-S7HEJ-QEGXT-4C88H

Personally I don’t care for KIS. It’s heavy on resources and slowed downed my PC considerably. Installed it a couple of weeks ago and immediately did not like it. I thought maybe because it was new and strange. So I spent a considerable amount of time with the help file, on their site, and several forums. I learned every aspect of their product, and came to the same conclusion as my first opinion. I just don’t like it.

If they had a different interface for configuring and managing the firewall and application rules then maybe.

A good level of protection will always require some use of computer resources. There are software products out there that call themselves antivirus solutions and which operate faster than our product, but the level of protection they provide is nowhere near that offered by Kaspersky Lab."

This was from an interview. I will provide the link to the interview. It seems that lowering CPU usage and RAM usage anytime soon.
[url=http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/interview-kaspersky-chief-malware-expert-alex-gostev-122412]
http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/interview-kaspersky-chief-malware-expert-alex-gostev-122412[/url]

[i][b]Why does Kaspersky slow my PC down so much?[/b][/i]
... [b]We are constantly working on new technologies[/b] that will allow us to depart from older protection methods, such as the multi-level scanning of files. [b]These technologies will use less computer resources[/b], but also ensure the highest level of protection is maintained.
88) [url=https://lurkmore.to/%D0%9C%D1%8B_%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B5%D0%BC_%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B4_%D1%8D%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BC][i]Ni umas pri tio[/i][/url]    ;)

andrei1997, thank you for LOL

It was the interview of Alexander Gostev - famous storyteller :smiley:

Adequate people in Russia do not perceive him seriously.
Only gullible people listen to his verbiage.

http://blogmog.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/pr.jpg

What’s so new he say? Regular PR move!

[i]How many threats are added to Kaspersky databases daily to provide effective protection to everyone? What’s the comparison to free antivirus solutions?[/i]

Gostev: At the present time, we detect some 200,000 new malicious programs every day…
esides malicious files, there are also other types of threats including malicious sites, network attacks, exploits etc. that we also need to keep tabs on…

Imitation of turbulent activity…

[i]The management of one large company says that Kaspersky Lab writes viruses and creates zombie networks to infect computers in the Russian segment of the Internet, in order to sell more of their products and provide consulting services. Can you please comment on this. I can’t disclose the name of the company as I work for it.[/i]

Gostev: I recommend you change your employer. If your management has such a mindset, you never know what they’ll come up with next.

[i]My friends say Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a resource-hungry monster, and recommend that I use free antivirus solutions (I won’t advertise them here). Their argument is: free antivirus is no worse, in fact they are better in many respects. Is this correct?[/i]

Gostev: No, and I can’t be bothered disproving it here. I personally would never use a free antivirus, even if I didn’t work for Kaspersky Lab.

etc.

«Можно делать и отсутствие дела.» - Nautilus Pompilius “Chained Together”

I see. I installed KIS 2013 on my other PC. Since it got the solid results for the 64-Bit system in the Matousec test and since I won 6 months free licence some time ago. Wanted to see how it will stand up to the CIS.

Positive:

HIPS can be as strong as in the CIS if configured correctly. For the unknown applications you can select to move it to the untrusted automatically which will act in the same way as in the CIS restriction level as ‘blocked’. I like that you have an option to disable ‘trust digital signature’. It has EMET’s built it exploit protection (ASLR protection). It’s AV update every hour with the small updates, it has a vulnerability scan, it has the basic monitor for the applications and network something like Comodo Killswitch, you can modify KIS the way you like, scan time is good, it has a game mode.

Negative:

It’s heavy on the RAM, it slows the system on the start-up and the shutdown, their network monitor can conflict with certain applications (don’t allow them), the Kaspersky support is not great (they not sure themselves and the reply takes ages), it has no sandbox technology apart from the ‘safe money option’ which is very limited, during the AV update you can feel some tasks slow down, it has heuristics for the zero-day but I still need to see them in the actual work, some of their scanning technologies will skip files which is not good (it can skip malware) if you disable them the scan time becomes extremely slow.

^ That’s what I care about really…

provocation: “guerilla marketing” - The protest was well-planned PR move antivirus company («LK-Ministry of Propaganda behalf Dr. Goebbels»), which decided in such a way to advertise themselves…

Rather strange analogy you place before us.But im not sure how you can put Dr paul Josef goebbels with kaspersky.