Kaspersky 2009 and Comodo firewall (Kaspersky/Comodo compatability)

Yep…

Errrr… Kaspersky really need to re think things 88)

Josh

Ok here is my two cents. Kav is a great program, after you run a full system scan there will be a lot less slow down. Kav has great detection, but you don’t have to rid yourself of cfp for it. Stick with avira or something.

1.yes
2.yes, except those ports I specified in my second post in this tread (of course “proxy” can be disabled completely by unchecking all ports in pic2).
3.KAV doesnt have HIPS, IPS, anti-phising, anti-dialer (not sure), Anti-spam, Ad-blocker, parental control and firewall

Kaspersky changed way of iswift and ichecker works in 2009 series and Chekdsk utility now works with no issues.
Those techniques are related with KAV ability not to scan files which are already scanned.

ahh. Thank you salmonela, you’ve been very helpful. Good information.

Are you currently using Kaspersky 2009?

Just a quick warning, I’ve been testing the firewall, It fails almost everything. So I asked around, many of them agreed that it scs at the moment ???

Xan

Yes, I do

FW can be tweaked to be more talkative.
but fw is not in our (me, LirvA) configuration, we trying to set up AV part of Kaspersky to work without any issues with CFP3
Which tests you failed, are you doing tests for testmypcsecurity.com?

For that huge incompatibility list LirvA posted I do not see any problems, are some of you expecting to KIS 2009 run with for instance Norton Internet Security 2008? I really doubt so…

Im sorry but if you have to modify and turn off certain features to make 2 programs meld together well I don’t like that. Find 2 products that get along out of the box. I tried KAV several times and anytime I did it slow both my pc’s down. I had to turn off or down most settings. NOD32 and Avira are better choices in my eyes.

Well, I don’t like anything out of the box, things are usually raw and uneatable out of the box, good preparation and fine tuning is key thing to do for compatibility and smooth working.

I do test for testmysecurity.com, but as this was a beta it was not official. Normally, letting KAV working with CFP is just disabling webguard, that should do it.

Xan

I still don’t see any reason to some behavior be blocked 2 times, it isn’t possible, possible however will be to PD and D+ tries to react on the same behavior at the same time, in that case you will at least have frozen system, if not BSOD.

It is almost the same case when you have two resident AV active on the same system.

sal, which do you recommend trying with CFP, KIS or KAV?

KAV - less items which needs to be excluded from installation.
KIS have a lot more items which needs to be excluded from installation, however KIS have anti-spam module which is installable with CFP and I like it (I actually still using classic e-mail client).

What all needs to be excluded in the KAV installation?

Everything you see (marked with red Xes) in pic1, except those things you will not even see at all in KAV (like content filtering, firewall etc.)

In fact, you will need for installation only: Program kernel and scan task, Anti-Malware: Files and memory, and (if you using classic e-mail client and IM of some kind) Email and IM, everything else should be excluded from installation.

Seems pretty easy.

I know I’ll have to completely uninstall Comodo Firewall pro, but I’m also running Comodo Memory firewall and BOClean, I assume I should uninstall those as well?

I just had a fun 4 hours of downloading KAV build 357, and I’ve been putting off my update of CFP … dial up is so fking slow, can’t hardly do anything.

You don’t need to uninstall CFP, I already PM you link with explanation how to skip incompatible product check in KAV, here is it once again:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279498
(It is written for Kaspersky 7 series but work on 2009 series as well)

CMF can coexists fine with KAV, but you’ll need to uninstall BOC.

ah, I see. Thank you.

What build are you running? 357 or 402? I downloaded the 357 build but I wonder if I should download the 402 instead.

I run 357 TR (technical release), but it seems Kaspersky continue with testing, 402 is NCT (Not Completely Tested).
I think it will be wise to wait for some time (short) to Kaspersky officially release it for public.
However my TR installation runs very well and smooth.

You don't need to uninstall CFP, I already PM you link with explanation how to skip incompatible product check in KAV, here is it once again:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279498
(It is written for Kaspersky 7 series but work on 2009 series as well)

CMF can coexists fine with KAV, but you’ll need to uninstall BOC.

1st does this KAV product check bypass work? I was going to try it last night but got involved with something else. I’m running KAV 7 with 2.4 but have the mail/web AV turned off and it seems to be working ok. I’m running BoClean at least at startup, but I notice this drive runs better when I D/C Boclean while I’m surfing safely. Should I just uninstall BoClean on the image that’s running KAV 7? (or do you just mean uninstall Boclean while installing KAV 7 with the product-check bypass? thx