Just lost eveything you typed on Post? (Firefox only)

having checked your profile, I see you’re in the UK. Comedy Central is the basic cable channel that airs the Colbert Report in the US.

No worries, I'm just dealing with an Opera fanatic. :)
lol My brother might qualify as an Opera fanatic, as well

!ot! Colbert Nation :-TU :-TU

Yep, a Brit. But, please don’t hold that against me… I really had nothing to do with the East India Company. Honest. :slight_smile:

I really only know of Stephen Colbert from the Daily Show and I rarely watch it any more. I’m not sure why I stopped watching it… maybe it was annoying me that we always got it 2 days after it was aired in the US.

watcha talkin’ 'bout, I have nothing but respect for the British people. In fact, I find British history and culture fascinating.

I really only know of Stephen Colbert from the Daily Show and I rarely watch it any more. I'm not sure why I stopped watching it.. maybe it was annoying me that we always got it 2 days after it was aired in the US.
back when I had to watch it on tv (which was basically up until two days ago), I always had to watch the episode from a day earlier, because they premier at 23:00, which is not a time I want to have dinner and watch TV.

btw, I think they have every episode online now, too (I guess the rise of the Colbert Nation put them under pressure)

You’re as in the BOIC as I’m in the VOC… 88)

Xan

Sorry, it was a poor joke. EIC basically started the British Empire (and, sort of, by accident really - their initial intention was not to get involved). :slight_smile:

2 days ago? LOL. Actually I think the 23:00 airing was why it was always 2 days later in the UK.

Ah… now Colbert Nation. I don’t really have a clue what that’s about. ;D

Is that Vancouver Organizing Committee or Volatile Organic Compound? (:AGL)

PS Xan, how’d you know I was a member of Butterfly and other Invertebrates Club? :slight_smile:

VOC : Vereenigde Oost-indische Compagnie (mightier then the britisch competitor !)

PS Xan, how'd you know I was a member of Butterfly and other Invertebrates Club?
Don't ask !!!

Xan

Oh, no need to apologize. ‘Watcha talkin’ ‘bout’ was also meant as a joke. If we were talking face to face, I would have spoken that in some odd dialect and used body language to indicate I was joking, but that obviously doesn’t work in a forum, so I myself have to apologize. I know it’s hard to efficiently communicate when two people don’t know each other well, yet, but I always try to read every statement in the best possible light. I.e. I hypothesized you meant it as a joke.

Ah.. now Colbert Nation. I don't really have a clue what that's about. ;D
now you're kidding, aren't you? Give it a try. The joke segments are more mind-bending (as opposed to the Daily Show, which often relies on - shall we say - adolescent humor). The interviews can get aggravating, though, b/c Stephen Colbert's persona can so get in the way of the guest; nevertheless, that can be fun in its own right.
PS Xan, how'd you know I was a member of Butterfly and other Invertebrates Club? :)
lololol XD

I dunno… face to face, and being British, I might have given you a very strange look indeed. :wink: No, just kidding, you are right of course. Although we don’t perceive it so, we are all expert body language & facial expression readers… it’s probably why our brains are so big & powerful (seriously). But, in this medium that component is almost entirely absent… man I’m going seriously OT… oh well, at least it’s not Opera. :smiley:

Colbert: Sorry, I’m not kidding. And we don’t seem to have a Colbert anything being transmitted in the UK at the moment.

lol
it’s all good. We could have gone into a whole act the fool routine. I’m at least as goofy in person as I am online.
lol, I have to think back to what I saw yesterday
Whitest Kids U Know: Leg Peeing - YouTube (don’t know if you’d like me to put the youtube vid in this thread directly, if that’s even possible.)
I’ve never seen these guys before. They’re called the ‘Whitest Kids U Know’, and this is a skit involving Shakespeare and Francis Bacon debating a logical conundrum involving one of them peeing on the other’s leg. I’m not one for vulgar humor, but the logical reasoning systems at work here are brilliant.

man I'm going seriously OT.. oh well, at least it's not Opera. :D
you're right we're off topic. Being a newbie on the comodo forum, I'll follow your lead as to what we'll do about this.
Colbert: Sorry, I'm not kidding. And we don't seem to have a Colbert anything being transmitted in the UK at the moment.
I've never been able to confirm this, due to the fact – I'm probably boring everyone by repeating this so many times – that I haven't had a strong enough computer on the internet, up until three days ago... alas, let me start that sentence again: I've never been able to confirm this, but in between segments of the tv show, they advertise that you can see every episode ever on colbernation.com

OK, we should stop the OT chatter here, otherwise we’ll attract the attention of this guy. He’ll split a good portion of this topic off (which, perhaps, wouldn’t be a bad thing) & stick it in here… unless you’re female (or he thinks you are), then he’ll probably try his luck. :slight_smile:

Nice info, but It never happen to me. I’m using Firefox 3.5.

Hi… I usually type long-winded posts, then edit the heck out of them. Meantime, I’m often logged out, or the browser (guess which one) hangs or something. I learned to hit Ctrl A, Ctrl C every paragraph or so. That copies the text to the clipboard, from where it’s easily pasted into Notepad or some such, while I navigate back to where I was. If the post is really long, or I’m sounding off about something important to me, I’ll open Notepad and paste updated drafts in on the fly.

Ctrl A, Ctrl C … open Notepad, Ctrl A Ctrl V … and so on and so forth :slight_smile: