Javascript Support?

Hello All,

I am new, so apologies in advance for ignorance. And a beginner with CD, so even more apologies may be in order. My question is related to my own family scrapbook written in HTML, JavaScript, and a touch of Java. It has three active frames - a content frame (front and center), a global navigation frame (upper right), and a local navigation frame (lower right). There is blank spacer frame middle right.

The global navigation contains a JavaScript function that allows one to click a link once in the global navigation and change page content in both the content frame and local navigation frame. It works in IE, FF, and Opera, but NOT in CD :frowning: Below is the function script…

function setFrames(newContent,newLocalNav){ //controls opening multiple pages in different frames
parent.content.document.location.href=newContent
parent.local.document.location.href=newLocalNav

and here is a typical call to the function…

Of course the questions are Why? and is there a reparation?

Thanks, so far I love CD and its simplicity!

Oh yes, I have Javascript set to ON (was the default, but checked Under-The-Hood > Content Settings)

Thanks again…

Hello All,

I am replying to myself because I solved the dilemma and others should have the answer available…

In the “function setFrames()…” frame specifications (i.e. parent…) the word “document.” is extraneous to the command; apparently a remnant from the decade ago when I wrote the original code. Once removed, the code worked fine.

By for now, Dave…