Items not being deleted from Trusted Files

This is a new one for me.

All of a sudden, deleting TF entries, or using PURGE, does not delete the entries.

If I do another PURGE immediately after doing one, it says all files are valid (and the non-existent entries are in fact no longer in the list). But if I exit and then go back, all the files are back in the list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Which version of CIS are you using?

Sorry, I intended to include it in my post: 6.1.276867.2813

So what exactly happens when you right click on a file in the TF list and select Remove? When I select it the entry in the list disappears. What happens for you?

They disappear, as they should. This applies whether I do REMOVE or PURGE - both appear to work. But if I exit the UI and then go back, the files reappear.

And just to be clear: I’ve been doing these things (PURGE & REMOVE) for years, with no problems.

Please try this with “Enable Cloud Lookup” and “Analyze unknown files in the cloud…” unchecked.

Same thing.

It may useful to point out that all these files that do not disappear are my own. i.e. I created them myself (scripts and compiles) - they were not downloaded.

Having thought about this a bit more, I’m willing to bet that the problem is a result of some combination of events that involve a file being Unrecognised, my moving it to Trusted Files, and my manually adding it to TF at some time, before and/or after executing it…

They disappear, as they should. This applies whether I do REMOVE or PURGE - both appear to work. But if I exit the UI and then go back, the files reappear.They disappear, as they should. This applies whether I do REMOVE or PURGE - both appear to work. But if I exit the UI and then go back, the files reappear.
When you exit, did you hit the "OK" buttons after purging the files. Clicking on the "X" button on the top right corner won't save the purge

Yes, I do click OK. And as I mention above, after starting this thread I discovered that it is only a specific set of entries that persist. These are my own scripts/programs - other items DO get removed.

I just had a look at the trusted.db file, and I see multiple entries (18 in one case) for each of these lingering items. I thought that perhaps by doing repeated PURGEs they would be removed one by one, but such is not the case.

I also recall that while working on these scripts I had problems with CMDAGENT locking some of my programs, and I had to terminate it several times. Perhaps this is the cause of the multiple entries and resulting problem. If so, it would mean that the real problem is why CMDAGENT was locking my programs in the first place, but then that would be a question for another thread.

Given the above, I suppose that for now, I should just aim to clean the TF list. Any suggestion on the best way of doing that?

Thanks.

Hi bxf,
If you did not have to many custom entries you could delete the ‘trusted.db’ file in case it is corrupt.
Found in the C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\database folder.
It will re-create, but all custom entries will have to be added manually again.
A rating scan will repopulate the list minus any manually added files.

Kind regards.

All done!

Looks much better now. Just have to wait for all the prompts for the missing items… :slight_smile:

Thanks all.

You are welcome, I hope it works as intended. :slight_smile: