Need help to get rid of istartsurf
Follow this guide and attach requested logs .
Hello ingvar_e, and Welcome to Comodo Forums.
I will be helping you fixing your problems.
Please do the following.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
• Click on Scan, then Clean.
• A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
• Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
• You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from this site (Antivirus for Windows 11 | Windows Antivirus 2023 | Malwarebytes Windows 11) and save it to your desktop.
• Double-click mbam-setup-18.104.22.1684.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
• At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
• Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
• A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
• Click Finish.
• At the end of the installation, a database update will be performed.
• Click on Scan Now.
• A Threat Scan will begin.
• When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Remove Selected to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
• In most cases, a restart will be required and a prompt will be shown.
• Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
• Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
• Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
• Click Export.
• Click Text file (*.txt)
• In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
• In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
• A message box named File Saved should appear stating “Your file has been successfully exported”.
• Click Ok
• Attach that saved log to your next reply.
[b]Mod edit[/b]: Additional reference to [i]uufix[u][/u].com[/i] removed due to unsatisfactory behaviour/reports (spamming). [url=https://forums.comodo.com/profil/kail/1197]kail[/url]
Istartsurf is is a nasty browser hijacker designed by cyber hackers to boost website traffic and promote certain products or services. But it usually disguises itself as a legitimate search site, as the screen shown below:
Most users find it hard to completely remove this browser hijacker from their computers. This is because that general antivirus programs cannot detect and remove it. But this doesn’t mean that there is no effective way to get rid of Istartsurf. Just follow this guide: link removed by moderator
Mod edit: reference to uufix.com removed due to unsatisfactory behaviour/reports (spamming). Eric