When doing a Manual Scan or Scheduled Scan FULL SCAN, at first few minutes, it’s ok and i can multitask… but after 5mins while in the progress of scanning, My laptop slows and hangs for a short period of time when opening windows, right clicking, opening task manager and etc… I am wondering what seems to be the problem…
I observe task manager while slow down is occuring and CPU usage seems to be normal and Memory Usage is like 150MB, which I don’t know if it is normal… Computer runs smooth again after scanning is finished
My Laptop Specs:
Core i5 430M
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Help is really appreciated…
I don’t suppose you can do this (below) That’s ALMOST guaranteed to pinpoint the source of the problem
How to produce a memory dump
To Configure Your Computer for a Complete Memory Dump
If you cannot locate a complete memory dump file or a complete kernel memory dump file, you can configure your computer to record them by generating an event report. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type control sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
- On the Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
- In the Write debugging information list, click Complete memory dump or click Kernel memory dump, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.
- In the System Settings Change dialog box, click Yes if you want to restart your computer now. Click No if you want to restart your computer later.
‘Crash on Control Scroll’.
This feature allows a user to manually crash the system, thus triggering the blue screen of death (also known as BSOD) and memory dump generation.
To enable that feature on a USB keyboard:
* Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
* Locate the following key if you have a USB keyboard: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters
- In the Edit menu, click Add Value and add the following registry entry:
Data Type: REG_DWORD
- Exit the registry editor, then reboot.
if you have a PS2 keyboard: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters
* In the Edit menu, click Add Value and add the following registry entry:
Data Type: REG_DWORD
* Exit the registry editor, then reboot.
After the reboot, you can now manually trigger a crash by pressing the SCROLL keyboard key twice while pressing the right CTRL key.
After you created a complete memory dump and restarted the computer, you need to know where the .dmp file is
Click Start, and then click Search.
Click All files and folders.
In the All or part of the file name box, type *.dmp.
Now that you know where it is
Use winrar, winzip, 7zip, or anything like that and create a archive(basicly a .zip file) (that so you can compress 1gb to 300-400mb’s) Thumb Up <—this will save you some bandwidth uploading later, trust me
Now you have a highly compressed memory dump file that’s in a .zip file
Next upload it to megaupload.com and save the link (because we know email won’t allow a couple hundred megabytes at a time
Also If for some reason you don’t want to post the link to the memory dump, you can PM me it or any other mod and we can forward it to the developer
too bad I can’t upload files that big cuz internet here in my country is slow… :-TD