Issue regarding blocked IPs

Hello guys and girls.

As you may already notice from the thread title I’m trying to find a way to create a batch file to automatically search for a txt file (for example) containing a list of blocked IPs, etc. Then place the entries inside the txt file to the Windows registry (where CFP places any blocked IP, etc).

I already had an enormous list of blocked IPs, maintened at a daily-basis, but I had to uninstall CFP and now to place them all again will be a pain in the neck. And I must admit that creating batch files is not my strongest point.

At the moment I am relearning C#. Started to studied it 1 year and a half ago, but then I just stopped. Now I know pretty much nothing lol… anyway… I would really appreciate if anyone who knows alot about batch files and how CFP works (how it places the IPs, etc on the registry) could help me out. At least, a few hints. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Best regards.

Why not put your blocked IPs in the HOSTS file so they will be independent of CFP?

HOSTS file does not work like that. At least, I don’t think it does.

A HOSTS file would go like this:

127.0.0.1 www. badwebsite .com # for example

or

0.0.0.0 www. badwebsite .com # for example

It is also possible to use 127.0.0.3 for ad servers, if I am not mistaken.
For each IP address, and this specific case 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.3 must correspond a hostname/domain.

I don’t think it is possible to place something like 0.0.0.0 201.32.5.67, in order to block the IP address.

Sorry; thought you might have access to the URLs of the sites you are trying to block via their IPs.

No need to apologize :wink: