Is your PC a Zombie?

How can you check it using CPF?

Can we have a discussion about how you would suggest we can use CPF to check to see if your PC is a Zombie or not please.

thanks

Melih

Hi,

If you get a lot of popups consistently of programs you do not know this could indicate an infection, that needs looking at.

Also, close monitoring of popups warning about changes to programs and behavior similar to malware to identify what is infected and take action. If CPF knows the malware in this case even better - as it will alert that it is not a ‘safe’ application.

Mike

u can read this :slight_smile:

http://www.emailbattles.com/archive/battles/spyware_aaeacdfbej_hi/

thanks
Melih

That’s a very interesting article. CPF is not leaky - as we know - so should alert providing it is fully turned on, it’s just a matter of seeing what is actually calling out to the internet.

Mike

Hey Melih,

How about adding a “Scan This” button on the pop up if CPF suspects it’s a trojan and it could call a CAV scan (providing of course that CAV is installed)? This would alllow the user to make a much more informed decision. Further, if the object is not identified, how about an option to submit it to Comodo for analysis?

The more I think of this, the more I like the idea. This would necessitate the malware DB becoming far more comprehensive, but that’s our objective, isn’t it? :wink:

What do you guys think of this idea? Worthy of going in the CPF and/or CAV Wishlist?

Ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3) (WCF3) (WCF3)

Hi Ewen,

Yes, I really like that idea also - it’s worthy of the wishlist ;). I don’t think there would be too much of a problem for those who don’t have CAV installed as most have said they will install CAV anyway once it is out of beta, so this should leave few people that wouldn’t be able to do this.

Although, what do you think of a database being included in CPF so CPF can scan independantly. If CAV is installed CPF won’t install this database, but uses CAV’s database instead. Do you think this would be feasible?

Mike

Wouldn’t this bloat the firewall? Given that everyone seems to want the app to be smaller, faster and less resource intensive, I think they might scream you down on this one. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3) (WCF3) (WCF3)

Ok, good point. I’ll buy some ear protectors to protect my ears from the screaming ;D

Mike