Is this app blocked or not?

Sorry about that; I thought they were in your first post, so I looked, but somehow I didn’t see them.

What’s the “Name:[Knight” listed in the Source column?

LM

Hmmm… ;D

I can tell you’re thinking… :THNK

Will this help produce results? :■■■■

LM

Yes, for sure… :slight_smile:

Reading the first page in this thread makes me wonder why TOM-SK is using SIW…???
If I where that paranoid about a program, I would uninstall it… :wink:
Ok, I can understand if he don’t want updates, or if he is scared that the app sends out info about his system, but I can’t understand that you install a program to give you information about your system and then spend time on trying to block it to do it’s job… ::slight_smile: :o ???
Maybe it’s just me… ;D

This page hasn’t found it’s way up to my head yet… ;D I may be because I’m not English… ::slight_smile:
Does he want info about his LAN and not getting it,
or does he get info and not wanting it…???

I need one more… :■■■■

It is my hostname, I just did not want to reveal it completelly. :slight_smile:

I do not want to block SIW, in fact to get the same results, I used to allow DNS rule for it in Outpost Pro. I just want to find out, how it can get the info about other PCs, when it is not allowed. I just like to know, what it is going on, to have complete control about everything.

I wonder, what do you mean by updates, Windows updates?

I wonder, what do you mean by updates, Windows updates?

You wanted to block internet connection for it first? I meant update SIW.
Or was that a misunderstanding too?;D

Oh that, I take everything literally. SIW does not update itself, so I thought, that you are reffering to Windows Updates, which are not allowed, from paranoic, ehm security reason.

Here’s what I think is happening, regarding the info that SIW is providing you…

You are on a network, where computers are connected together through a hub/server/router for internet connection. Something is set up where the connection point (ie, server) is providing a network name/ID for each computer as part of the connectivity. Since all the computers are thus connected together, the fact that there are other computers out there is information resident on your computer. (if you could use “ipconfig /all” I think you would see that - even tho’ you can’t use ipconfig to look at the information, it still exists…).

SIW is pulling information from your computer regarding the network and active computers on it; it’s not accessing the internet if you have a rule to Block it.

LM

Sounds reasonable. Thank you for your great help and sorry for wasting so much of your time.
Well as long as I can see their MAC adsress and they should not see mine, I am quite satisfied.

Not a problem at all, and not a waste of time.

I did a lot of playing around with it, and the only way I could get it to make a true outbound attempt was by clicking on “Extended Network Information.” This prompted an alert from it that it would access two sites for IP information, which I allowed. But CPF blocked it, because I had a block rule in place.

I looked around on the SIW website, and it looked like they confirmed the same thing. All other information that it accesses and provides is internal information.

So bottom line, if you put a block rule for SIW, it cannot access the internet…

Hope you can rest easy… :slight_smile:

LM

Not a problem TheTOM_Block… ;D
Nobody is forcing us to do this… :wink:
Except for Scomodo™ maybe. :o
(\ (
\__//
(=‘.’=)
(“)_(”)