Is this a ligit Microsoft page? And how do I make it go away?

I keep getting the following tab page which opens about every 3rd time of so I go to a new site or even if it’s one of my favorites.

Reported Internet Insecurity: Navigation Blocked

(Little Red Shield with an X) Insecure Internet activity.
Threat of virus attack
Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes.
Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information.
To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register KvmSecure.
We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.
Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing.
Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).

Nothing happens when I select continue to website, but when I go back it takes me to my previous page?

Is this generated by Microsoft? It seems like they are trying to sell you this internet security s/w package.
How do I get rid of this pop up???

Evening,

Please download and install Superantispyware and update it,

then reboot in safe mode and do a complete Scan.

This should help :slight_smile:

CG

I saw that popup this evening on my girlfriend’s laptop. Avast said the program (or a module) was viral. I uninstalled the software and had to do a reboot and complete virus scan to remove traces of it. Still get the popup, but I can access the homepage now just by clicking the back button (shouldn’t have to do this, though).

If you are still getting a popup then you haven’t removed enough of the nasty thing (it has the potential to spring to life again). See this link:

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virusmalware_productsother_security_products/list_of_antivirusantimalware_products_other_utilities-t24176.0.html

To Hairyuy: an uninvited “security” window popping up is not from Microsoft, and is not normal. What firewall, AV, and other security software do you have on hand? See the above link for links to SUPERAntiSpy and Malwarebytes. If you need assistance check back here–there are people here that will help.

Good luck.

Here are the links for SAS & MBAM:

SUPERAntiSpyware
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware

Make sure both programs are fully updated. Then reboot into safe mode, By pressing “f8” on the keyboard until you get to the Black config Screen for Safe Mode. Run both Scans in that mode (But don’t run them both at the same time), Remove the threats found and reboot in normal mode.

Josh