Is testing on Real System Safe with Comodo Time Machine?

I want to test CIS 5.8 myself with some modified settings. Coz I PM few testers of youtube to test but they said they only test the product with stock settings. I agree with them. But I want to test CIS with the settings that I am using.

The prob is I cannot test it in VMWare coz I have only 512 MB RAM & the system runs too slow. So I have decided to test it without VMWare i.e on my production machine which is my personal system. And I have decided to use Comodo Time Machine for this. After test I will go back with the Comodo Time Machine.

I want to know is this safe? & Will everything be back to normal after going back with Comodo Time Machine?

Thanxx
Naren

Any Experts Here Plzz?

Thanxx
Naren

It is beta, and they do state you shouldn’t run this on a production system.

Chances are pretty good that you won’t have any issues, but as this is your main system, you have to look at it from the perspective of, can I cope with catastrophic failure of my OS?

At the very least, you should do a full backup before trying beta software.

I didn’t asked trying beta software. What I meant was malware testing on production machine & then going back with time machine. Going back with CTM is safe & the system will be back to normal as it was before testing malware??

Thanxx
Naren

Oh, you’ve already installed 5.8 on your main system? Well, you seem to like to live dangerously, so why not? :wink:

But seriously, no, I wouldn’t try it. Malware such as SafeSys and TDSS can make a rollback impossible.

OK. SO this is extremely dangerous. I cancelled the plan of testing malware on production machine. Thanxx for the info & help.

Regards
Naren