Is It Okay To Use CIS And Microsoft Security Essentials (Partially Enabled)?

Okay. I did not use Bit Defender, it is not working with win 7. I downloaded HitmanPro instead, it is now scanning.

Real Time

• Win Defender
  • CIS
  • Threat Fire

On Demand:

• MBAM
  • SuperAntiSpyware
  • Hitman Pro

So for Windows Defender and CIS I would like to hear more Opinions.

Thank You

I like Hitman Pro, but remember that the free version only can remove malware during the 30-day free trial, after that; it can only detect threats, not remove them.

But you can always just use another program to quarantine or remove the threats, so that is one way around that.

BitDefender Free worked for me on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit, you have to register for a free account, and restart your computer after the install; but I am not currently using it at this time due to the conflict with Avira Antivir.

The three on-demand scanners that you are currently using should be good enough, so you do not have a problem there in my opinion.

Since you have CIS and Threatfire, I think you most people would probably recommend disabling Windows Defender; I think it may even recommend that in the Windows Action Center (Under Security and Spyware And Unwanted Software Protection) which can be found in the Control Panel and/or taskbar (the white flag icon).

I have not used CIS in a while, hopefully it is working well for you, and protecting your system good enough. :slight_smile:

Good luck. :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I like Hitman Pro, but remember that the free version only can remove malware during the 30-day free trial, after that; it can only detect threats, not remove them.

I saw this. Hitman is running a scan after each start, but if it finds something, i have three scanners in hand to fight the virus: MBA, Superantispyware and Emsisoft.

Is it right, that Hitman is using many different engines? Why is it so fast and can make a fullscan in 15 Minutes?

P.S. I will search for conflicts between defender and Threatfire; right now, everything is fine.

1. True. :slight_smile:

2. Yes, I think the current cloud engines are: Ikarus, Dr. Web, Emsisoft, Prevx, and G Data.

3. I think that this comment may help answer your question:

Adios,
-John Jr :slight_smile: