Is Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS) really that bad?

Hey,

I’ve been reading what a few people have been saying about Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS), both on here and other various websites.

I’ve decided not to install it yet even though I am tempted to do so, but I’m not a big fan of BETA software as I prefer to wait until a proper version is released.

So is it really that bad and also is there any news on when it will get a full proper release?

SD.

(CNY)

hi

BETA software will have a lot of mess ups and this is so they can “fix problems” that come up…
full proper release?
will end up being a big no
I have seen better BETA software then this (:AGY)

Hey,

Thanks, looks like I’ll be leaving that alone for now!

SD.

(CNY)

Hi Scouse Day,

Although no mention of what type of release it will be (Beta or Final), expect lots of improvements - have a look at this thread.

Laurence

It is not as bad as some describe it. But currently has some bugs that need to be fixed.If your are not confident with beta software do not install it. On the other hand if you like to give it a try remember to take an image of your windows partition. If something goes wrong you will be able to restore it back quickly without the need of reinstalling the OS.

Hey,

Thanks for the advice, I think I’ll wait for a proper release though as I don’t trust BETA versions. I’d rather let someone else do the testing than me!

Maybe if Comodo sort out a bug free version then I’d certainly give it a try.

For now though I’m happy with the latest version of BitDefender (not a BETA).

SD.

(CNY)

Hey,

I forgot to ask earlier, how do you take an image of your Windows partition?

I usually just back my files up and if any major problems occur then I just format my Windows partition.

Thanks.

SD.

(CNY)

I just create a system restore point before installation of any software thats beta or release candidate. Does he mean that?

Hey,

I’m not sure but I’ve sent him a PM.

SD.

(CNY)

Hi Scouse Day,

An image is an exact copy of your hard disk or your partition. Windows do not have the ability to create images (only Vista Ultimate is capable of this).

There are various programs for creating an image. Nero (backup) for example has this ability and is very fast in doing it.
I have made a guide of how to do this, with Nero, here https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5350.0.html

With an image you will be able to restore your partition or your hard disk at its previous state in about 20 minutes as it was at the time you took the image( with all the updates, the drivers, the programs, etc.). The second advantage is that the files at their original place (you will not have to defrag your restored partition). :wink: ;D

Hey,

Thanks for the info!

SD.

(CNY)

Hey,

Any news on a full version yet?

SD.

(CNY)

we are aiming for end of july for beta 3…
thanks
Melih

Hey,

Not another BETA but I understand.

Thanks.

SD.

(CNY)

Yep another beta, but we are hopeful that we can turn that into production pretty quickly… eg within weeks of launching…

thanks
Melih

Hi Melih :slight_smile:

Will CBOClean also be integrated in this BETA ?

Greetz, Red.

Hey,

I really want to use this but I don’t like BETA versions.

SD.

(CNY)

in the v3… fingers crossed yes…
(there is a chance it might not… but we are aiming for it)
Melih

Hi Melih :slight_smile:

It is good to set goals :slight_smile: But don’t feel to be rushed by them :wink:

Greetz, Red.