Is CIS Interfering With Windows Reactivation?

I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard replacement. This is supposed to be done though the Activation Troubleshooter. When I invoke the Troubleshooter I get an error 0xc0000428 related to guard.dll and cssguard.dll. The error message says these are not designed for Windows or contain errors and to contact software vendor. These dll’s are identified elsewhere as Comodo files. I have reinstalled CIS but still get error. Any thoughts?

What CIS version is installed and what build version of Windows 10 are you trying to activate?

CIS Premium ver: 10.0.2.6408. Windows 10 ver: 1703 Build: 15063.674.

Go Into your BIOS and check the time-stamp security, If that’s off then that could be your problem.

If no go with that then insert your recovery media disk (USB) and on the install Windows page, click repair your computer to start the Windows recovery environment. On the choose an option screen click troubleshoot and click advanced options and then click command prompt.

Type these one by one and hit enter

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

reboot into Windows now.

Good Luck

Edit : If still no fix yet run the command prompt as Admin and enter → DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Will try!