Is any official help available with your free programs?

I have a problem with i-vault and posted about it in the i-vault topic, but no help has been forthcoming.

I do appreciate it is free software, support is going to be limited, no-one is forcing me to use it, etc, but will anyone from Comodo attempt to assist me, or am I just “on my own” with it?

This has been forwarded reported to the Comodo Support team, somebody should reply soon.

n4tm

We do have a support dept that will answer your question. If not done so already, you can go ahead and submit a ticket into our support system.

thanks
Melih

Thank you.
However, I thought that simple initial support would be available from this forum. Is that not the case?

I did look at the “submit a ticket” on the main Comodo website, but it appeared to be directed at problems with certificates. Maybe I have mis-understood it?

Hi,

When submitting a ticket change the department from ‘Certificates’ to ‘PC Security Software’.

Garry

Thank you.

I have submited a ticket.
How long do you think it reasonable to wait for a reply (or even a simple acknowledgement) to a request for support?

Hi,

The support team are waiting for the developer to assist with your ticket (RWY-903440).

Support will respond once they receive details from the developer.
I will drop the developer a seperate email to try and encourage a speedier response.

Garry

Well, it has been over a week since I submitted my request, and still no reply or acknowledgement (apart from the comments made here). I did not expect an instant fix for something I had not paid for, but I did think I might get some sort of reply… No so, apparently.

Is this simply because the software in question is free, and no-one cares enough to be bothered to support something that has not generated any income?

I though the free stuff was a ‘carrot’ to get you to buy the paid-for stuff. So far, a failure then.

Is the support for paid-for programs actually any better? I will never know because I will not now consider buying anything from Comodo.

I have now given up on the software (it simply does not work as documented) and un-installed the program.

I will now resign from this forum. Bye all, I’m sure you will not miss me in the slightest.

Hi,

I only put the update on the forum on Friday…and it is now Monday…sorry, we do not work weekends.

I am sure you can appreciate, products that have been purchased carry a higher priority for support requests than ‘free’ products.

Is this simply because the software in question is free, and no-one cares enough to be bothered to support something that has not generated any income?

The answer to this is we do care, but not everything can be answered simply, or without getting development teams involved. Support raise the issue with developers, development must then allocate time to reproduce the issue, determine its origin, correct the issue, test the new code, release the fix…this is a simplistic view of what happens when bugs are reported.
And it all takes time.

Sorry that your experience was not as you expected.

Garry

Can I ask you were you exactly posted in the I-Vault topic as it seems I cannot find it :frowning:
If there is no topic, no help can be send to you :).

i’ve tried to PM this n4tm guy, but failed, “can’t find n4tm”???

n4tm appears to have deleted his account. :frowning:

why nobody tell him dat i-vault is totally free as other comodo progs, not a ‘carrotware’?

why nobody tell him dat i-vault is totally free as other comodo progs, not a 'carrotware'?
As he seems to have deleted his account, you may try to contact him ;)

haizz, someone should regconize it earlier. Its wat comodo is abt.

that’s what i was gonna tell him. too bad he has deleted his account.

Wow, He was a bit rude, though don’t you think. I’m sure Comodo could have fixed it. I mean, from what I have seen, Comodo can do practically anything, they’re amazing!

Hi,

Thanks for the accolade.

Miracles we can work…the impossible takes a little longer.

Garry

Well, it’s true, you can do quite a bit when it comes to technology. And you guys have nice support staff and a nice community!