Is An Official Update from Comodo on CTM possible?

it makes sense to me 2.8 only causes problems for a lot of users and it isnt supported anymore.

its causing too much of a discussion point and confusion.

Good movement Melih. At least, until the software get a further development.

What confusion?

I just started using CTM 2.8, it’s been working very well for me. Very fast and just works.
No errors.

It’s sad, before it was Steadystate, now CTM.
Sad for libraries, schools, net cafes, and parents, who are on a low budget.

Hear hear!

R.I.P.

It’s only RIP when you stop using it. :wink:

Comodo had a previous product called Disk Shield that never really got out of beta. Sort of like a cut down CTM but much simplified. I’ve still got it running on a dedicated PC and it’s “revert to baseline on reboot” feature is perfect for that PCs intended use.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I’m also using 2.8. Never had a problem with it. I did try the 2.9 beta, but it was too slow to rollback, so I went back to 2.8 which was working just fine.

So I was lucky to get it before removal.

I have been using both CTMs 2.8 and 2.9 beta (on diffrent comps, of course) for many months and happy about that - they really ‘saved my pc life’ zillion times.

:SML: :viva: :SML: :rocks: :SML: :110: :SML: :love: :SML: (CLY) :SML:

No, you know that. It’s R.I.P. when it stop being developed and we can’t trust such a critical program in this situation. It’s not my fault.

Exactly my experience.

Shhh it’s not dead, it’s just sleeping. ;D

It will be dead to me, if and when it ceases to function for me.

Bad

+1

How slow was the beta to rollback? Never tried it as was waiting/hoping for the next full release after contacting Comodo by phone to find out if it was imminent and hearing it was due “soon” (subsequently contradicted on the forum)

The reason I use 2.8 as well.

On an old PC I tested it took 30 secs for 2.9 beta, and < 5 secs for 2.8.

On the newer PCs I use now, it takes 1 sec for 2.8 (never tested 2.9 beta).

Ok - 30 secs is hardly an age for us - to cpmare we are currently re-imaging our laptops which takes the best part of 30mins to set up networking, 20-40 mins to ghost and then 15-30mins to set down again!

I can live with 30secs!

…I can even live with occasional unreliability (it is less of a problem for us due to the general lack of important documents on the PCs meaning it will be easy to do sector by sector reimage if time consuming), but the benefits will be limited if it is really unstable.

Comodo Network Center is an “enterprise level” product that could image/re-image/backup/restore many computers on a network. Windows/Linux etc…

thanks

Thanks - but imaging is exactly what we are trying to get away from (apart from inital deployment of an image) - we want computers we can quickly restore to a known safe/clean point quickly and easily to pass on to a new learner. CTM is the ideal product in theory.

Rollback RX might be OK but we can’t really afford the licence as a charity lending out a large number of laptops…

have you tried CNC?.

one click and machine is back to a known safe/clean point quickly…