IPv6 and trusted network

Hello,

I’ve just upgraded from Comodo v4 to v5 and saw that it now has IPv6 support. I’ve enabled the corresponding alerts and the first thing I’ve noticed is I need to know more about IPv6 to determine where the connections go and originate :slight_smile:

So, here’s my question: How do I define a trusted (local) network with IPv6 addresses?
Thanks in advance!

So, here's my question: How do I define a trusted (local) network with IPv6 addresses?

It’s going to depend on your environment and the type of ipv6 address space you have. Some things to think about:

1. Are you behind a router, if so, does it fully support ipv6?
  2. Does your ISP allocate an ipv6 block to you. If do how large is it /56. /64?
  3. If you don’t have a native address space, are you using a tunnel, if so, which?

Essentially, when you have the answers to the above, you cam add an ipv6 address space to your LAN Network Zone. For example, if you only have Link local you could add fe80::/10

Radaghast,

Questions 1-3 are irrelevant to my setup since I only asked about a local network. You gave me the answer I needed in the last bit, though, so thanks for that :wink:

You’re welcome, however, the answers to the questions will have some relevance when configuring the zone information.