ipconfig /flushdns command blocked by CPF?

I’ve been trying CPF for the past few days, and so far, I’ve been very impressed by it. However, when I tried to run the ipconfig /flushdns command from a Windows XP command prompt, I got the following error message:

Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution.

When I tried to flush the DNS cache by repairing the local area connection, I got this error as well:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed:
Clearing the DNS Cache.

I could only clear the DNS cache by completely uninstalling CPF.

Very curious as to what might cause this in CPF and if there is a fix for it…

Hi,

Can you try going to Security->Advanced section and disabling Monitor DNS Requests option? Let us know if it solces the problem pls.

Egemen

Sorry for the delay of my reply - disabling Monitor DNS Queries does allow the DNS cache to be flushed.

I’ve been known to flush Win2K’s DNS tables from time to time… Egemen, is there a way to safely allow IPCONFIG.EXE to do its job without manually disabling/enabling this firewall option? I’d hate to forget it…

Yes, I tried adding Ipconfig.exe as an allowed Application - didn’t seem to work.

Hi guys,

I will check the issue and let you know.Right now I am not sure what may be the possible reason.

Egemen