Iomega Network Hard Drive - connection problems

Hi.

I am having serious problems with CIS and my Home Media Network Hard Drive by Iomega.
I don’t know what’s happening, but sometimes (most of the times) I can’t fully access this Network Hard Drive.
I sometimes use Comodo Backup as well. My OS: Win7 Ultimate 64bit
I can view files on network drive. I can copy/move files to the drive, but I can’t copy/move from it. There is problem with backups usually. I’ve managed to create few new backups, but everytime when I try to use incremental or differential backup, program cannot access Iomega.
Now, I can’t even copy files to my laptop hard drive from iomega. I can view them no problem. I can access/ping network drive, but cannot copy or move anything from it.
I ran out of ideas. Please help. Geekbuddy is not working by the way. “Connected to Server. Waiting for operator” for ages (about 1h) and nothing happens :-\

Thanks

Michael

I’m sorry you are having this problem. We will try to help.

Please post a screen shot of your Defence + (D+) active process list and your D+ and firewall event logs covering the period during which you are trying to make the copies.

Please make sure all columns are visible in the screenshots.

Many thanks

Mouse

Hi.

Thanks for reply.
Please find attached requested files.
Today I can’t even view files through My Computer or Iomega Manager.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

G’day,

Have a look at https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/hp-photosmart-plus-b210-scan-to-computer-not-activcated-need-major-help-t82218.0.html;msg589292#msg589292

This solutions hasd worked for Thecus, D-Link and WD NAS devices.

Let us know if it woprks for your Iomega NAS please.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi,

I checked. That option is not ticked on my firewall.

Thanks

Michael

The next step, IMHO, would be to examine the Firewall logs after a failed connect to the NAS.

Hi,

Some more info.
I’ve got PS3 connected to the same router as Iomega NAS. There is no problems with viewing pictures or playing videos etc.
I think that can eliminate router configuration error. Although PS3 is connected with a cable.
I can download data from Iomega, but only through web access-internet browser (via. Iomega Storage Manager/shares)
Is it possible that firewall is somehow still blocking Windows Explorer from accessing NAS?
I can’t find anything in the firewall/defence events that could possibly point me at right direction.

I don’t know if I mentioned that I can upload files to NAS. I’ve managed for example to create few backups, but when I try to do differential backup (access existing backup file on NAS) it fails.

I totally don’t understand it.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

One thing I can see is that 2-3 Iomega and (wierdly) Windows files are either running unknown or unknown and sadnboxed in the Active processes list.

My suggestion would be to check that these are not malware using an AV scan, or Valkyrie, or better a signature check, then if OK add them to trusted files (rt click on the list) and reboot.

To sigcheck them use Computer Security Policy ~ Trusted Vendors ~ Add and select the executable. If it says vendor already on list then all is OK, just add to trusted files. If not then proceed cautiously, and certinly do an AV check, probably use Valkyrie here as well to check them out.

As explanation CIS’s Sig checks can fail for early loading files, I think. And unknown unsandboxed files might still be being prevented from gaining admin privs even if not sandboxed.

Best wishes

Mouse

On the firewall side, apparently, the Utility software you install for these drives adds exceptions to the Windows firewall. So, you could always check the rules and see what’s been added, then translate those to CIS…

Hi,

I think it fixed itself.
Or…the only thing I changed was DNS servers settings to automatic after Comodo changed it to something durin installation.
Is it possible that it was the problem?

I’ll wait and see if it stays fixed though.

Huge thanks anyway.

Michael

Not working again.
I haven’t changed anything and it’s not working.

It got me confused even more.

Have you tried this?

Best wishes

Mouse